Labradors Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
poppy is being a right little b*gger on some of her walks at the moment. we try not to allow sniffing as it was leading to pulling in all directions and she was being quite good with it. but now at times she is being really intent on sniffing and will do what ever she can to sniff while whoever is on the other end of the lead is doing what they can to stop her so we can get on with our walk. if she can't get to what she wants to sniff she'll give up on that and as a protest will sniff what is within her reach instead!

she's also getting all stroppy if we don't go on the walk she wants to be going on 8O when she realises we're going a different way she'll sit down, pull her head back and grow roots deep into the ground so we can't move her. when we do get her to move she'll keep trying to go in the direction she wants to go in. she also keeps slowing down and lagging behind and looking at us as if we're the most evil people in the whole wide world, like, ever!! alot of this behaviour seems to also happen when she realises she's on her way home:p :roll: on a couple of occasions she has even laid down, but it think that's been when she has been tired :roll: i hope.

on a walk she had earlier she was licking at anything she could find on the floor, would she move? NO!

with all the pushing, pulling, bribing and dragging we must look like terrible dog abusers and i swear if she had the number of the rspca she'd use it and tell them to take her away as her owners are just soooooooooo cruel and won't let her do anything at all!!!

is she just being a teenage beast?! :?

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: You are not alone. I feel the same. If Sultan could speak and use a phone. He would report me

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
She does sound stubborn. Well you've met Cadbury so you know he certainly has a mind of his own. We still have good days and bad, today he wanted to take ME for the walk. I find being firm and just walking works best especially if his nose is to the ground behind me - just walking firmly and quickly forwards then he doesn't have time to sniff.

Of course he still tries :roll:

Good luck with Poppy, she is a sweet dog even if she does like things her way :wink:

·
Registered
794 Posts
megs exactly the same at time, i call it her kevin stage!! shes 15 months and a real stroppy teen at times!! but stick to your guns! its gonna get better.... we can only hope eh!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
she's incredibly stubborn, think she takes after me :oops: :lol:

i don't mind the sniffing if her legs keep going in a forward motion but when she stops and digs those heels in :evil: it's even worse if i don't realise she's stopped and i get to the end of the lead and ping back!!! :oops:

i think she has super strong suction pads on her feet :roll:

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
it's even worse if i don't realise she's stopped and i get to the end of the lead and ping back!!!
Lol, I know that one :lol: Tends to happen when Cadbury decides to relieve himself in a big way, usually in front of a crowd of onlookers.

He is sooooo embarrassing sometimes!

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Hehehehehe Skittles has suction pads too :lol: :lol:

I have taken to using a VERY short lead to start off with to protect my shoulder!! :lol:

Marianne

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think the worst part of it is the look she gives us, her eyes say "ooooo, you nasty person, you're soooooooo mean"

:oops: :roll:

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Yes, labs know how to make you feel incredibly guilty. My dad says Cadbury would be a perfect doggy actor for those Dogs Trust ads, as he would do such a good job of looking miserable :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts