Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
I haven't been on here for some time but some may remember teddy my yellow lab puppy being diagnosed with bilateral elbow dysplasia. he has since had surgery on both legs and it has been a long haul to get to this stage. unfortunately he is still limping but he has his final x-ray's tmrw to see what is going on. they have bought them forward. if the result is good then he can start hydrotherapy. if not then will have to re-think, we don't want him to have any further surgery so I guess it would just be management. fingers crossed please! x

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Fingers and paws crossed for good X-ray results Teddy. We went the rest and supplement route with our ED pup. Hydrotherapy certainly helped, he loves his swimming sessions and we try and get him swimming as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I wish you every success and cross all fingers, paws, toes n tails

We are back to Fitzpatrick tomorrow to assess Judys ED journey, think I may update my thread now I come to mention it!!!!

Good luck Teddy boy

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, djgoody good luck to you for tmrw also. the ed journey is a long one but hopefully worth it in the end. teddy is very well looked after and wants for nothing but he doesn't have a good quality of life at mo poor boy.
elsarivka, unfortunately we didn't have that option, teddys legs were so bad at 6 months that surgery was the only option for him.
all of you don't ever take for granted that you have a healthy walking and running lab, I would love teddy to be able to walk properly. fingers crossed xx

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Teddy has grown into a handsome young lad. I remember his puppy pictures. He reminded me of my first lab, Elsa, she was a lovely yellow with big dark eyes and a real cuddly pup.

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
Hope that Teddy can get a good quality of life back very soon. I feel very lucky that Luna is as able to have as active a life as she does, there are others not so lucky. It is a constant battle though.

Good luck tomorrow to Judy and Teddy xxx

·
Registered
93 Posts
Good luck for tomorrow. We are taking Monty our choc lab on weds for his op. He also has bilateral ed. I'm so nervous. I do hope u get good news xxx

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi all,
it was good news re: teddy x-rays, bones are healing but not as fast as they would like, he had fluid drained due to inflammation in joint and steroids injected.
he has to have hydrotherapy now and after a few weeks after steroids have worn off he will be tried on anti inflammatories to try to keep pain under control. hopefully then I can build the walking up a bit.
montymoos please message me if you want any advice or are worried about your op, I may be able to help as have been through the same xx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts