Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had a problem with their dogs drinking Tea and Coffee? Whenever I make a cup and the kettle clicks off Toffee and Popcorn both go mad for it trying to drink my brew!
Obviously I try and keep it away from them but it isn't the easiest thing in the world when you have to dogs that sometimes work together, against me!
Chris :wink:

·
Registered
669 Posts
My moms lab is exactly the same. Hears the kettle and expects a cup of tea. Obviously she has taught him this at some point by treating him to tea. I am not sure how healthy it is but I would guess tea is ok as it has a lot of antioxidents, right?!

As for coffee, labs are too hyper already for caffeine :lol:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Cookie is always trying to drink my brew, she learnt it of my husbands mum who has a german sheperd and she has a cup of tea every morning, it's never done her any harm, so Cookie is allowed the occasional cup of tea. otherwise she'll just keep stealing mine :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi
Toffee and Popcorn have just had their cup of tea! Well bowl but you know what I mean!
Popcorn had hers in the space of about 3 seconds and then tried to have Tof's!
Anyway they both are very happily sat here listening to Stereophonics with me. Yay! I just hope they don't threw up later lol!

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
One of my parents' dogs loves booze! When he was a puppy dad had a glass of whiskey beside him on the floor and next thing you know he spots the pup licking it! Then one time we were watching the TV and there was an empty wine bottle on the fireplace - later we realised the pup had got the bottle over and was licking the end of it :lol:

Corbie doesn't like whiskey, makes a funny face if you put the glass near him, but he does like whiskey cream liqueur, but so do I so he just has to sniff the fumes!! :lol: Oh, and he likes fancy Scottish beers :D !

Note - we don't give him a glass of the stuff just the odd lick off the finger tip. Don't want a drunk pup!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha!
My old Dog Shadow once drank a can of beer without anyone knowing and then we found Shad sozzled lol!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts