Labradors Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure whether the Galliprant was working with Tau, we're a couple of weeks in now, and some days have been better than others for her. We also had an incident with a Patterdale terrier that had managed to pull one of it's owners over (or they weren't paying attention and fell over/lost hold of the lead) that came running up to have a go at her, so she told it to b*gga off and then couldn't stand up for a few minutes, and was obviously sore. So there have been ok days and not so ok days.

Anyway, I was helping out at a working test all day yesterday, really good fun, great to learn from others more experienced and watch them handling their dogs. I took Zasa with me as she loves being sociable and getting fusses, and she got plenty. It ran on later than expected, as these things do, and I was a bit worried about how Tau would be when I got back as I'd left the girls with access to the sitting room and kitchen, as well as leaving the door open so they could go downstairs and out to the dog yard.

So my first job when I got in was to get Tau out for a busy break and she pretty much galloped down the track, ears pricked and ready to go for a full walk (bearing in mind I'd not had a pee myself since breakfast time). She even ran down onto a really uneven area, and then leapt partly up the embankment and happily trotted back up the track with me home. So it appears the Galliprant is now getting into her system properly and hopefully having good effect, we'll see in a bit when I take her for the normal amble round the farmhouse, it's also a bit cooler so more comfortable for her even though we don't really ever have 'hot' weather where we live, but it was so nice to see her obviously moving much better and enjoying a run.

·
Registered
My best boy ever, Jordi, gone 😪. Ace, 11 year old black Labrador and Bailey 19 month yellow Labrador
67 Posts
Hi, my boy Ace is 11 now and suffers arthritis. He was on Rimadyl but it started giving him diarrhoea so my vet suggested Galliprant. It’s been 3 weeks now and he seems to be doing really well, touch wood.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts