Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Day 1. Lots of spotting on the floor but no change in behaviour.

Day 2. Tatze was very unsettled, going in and out of the garden every five minutes, cuddling up to her big ted and whimpering a lot. She seems to have learned to keep herself clean as she’s doing lots of licking, but we have no more spots.

Day 3. Tatze was very clean today, no drips at all – so much so that I thought I may have misread the signs.

Day 4. Home with Daddy today – Mummy brought a huge marrowbone home from work. Tatze danced around with pleasure  She has turned into a bird and made a huge nest of twigs and leaves on the patio!!

Days 5 and 6. Tatze is really getting used to the new routine of play in the garden followed by training then chew then kong then snooze (this routine lasts two hours then rinse and repeat). We have moved into the kitchen like we did when she was house training as there are a few spots each day, not many, but enough not to want to clean them out of carpet. It's a big sunlounge/dining/kitchen so no probs there. She doesn’t seem to be missing her walks at all.

I am missing them TERRIBLY!!!!

Ahhhhhgh cabin fever!

I still go swimming every morning but that will stop next weekend too as I’m having lazer eye surgery. Help!!

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
The thought of three weeks house arrest seems awfully daunting to start with but once it is over with it will become a distant memory. Are you planning to have Tatze spayed before her next season? It wasn't a choice I had with Coco as she went into a phantom and then developed pyometra after her first season, though I had always planned to have her spayed at that time anyway. Dogs adapt and she'll be fine with the new regime for now and will have an absolute ball when she is allowed out again.

Good luck with the laser treatment. Is it so that you don't have to wear glasses anymore or is it because of a problem with your eyes?

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pam. Yes, she will be spayed in March - all being well.

The laser treatment is so that I don't need glasses. They drive me mad when out and about (fine indoors, but now that I'm out a lot ...) I just can't do contacts - I have tried and failed.

:)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Have a read round spaying. Personally I'd wait another season as she's very young, I know not everyone agrees (theres a shock) and some of them are very experienced but I wouldn't consider spaying a bitch until they were physically fully grown.

we're just coming to the end of another season and I still hate these 3 weeks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts