Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of pink spotting all over the floor.

I am very relieved - various planned weekends away and holidays in the new year coming up. We have a great arrangement with Zaba's Mum to look after her - but Zaba is an entire male.

So, confined 'till nearly Christmas!

Lots of ideas needed to keep her occupied please!!

8O :D 8O :D

(I find myself having sympathy 'cramps'!!)

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Poor Coco got shut in the kitchen for most of her season so that she didn't bleed on the cream carpet. I suppose we are mean for not buying those pants for her but she survived it.

Kongs and maybe some clicker training? They will pass time. Or long lasting chew treats (bones, nylabones, antlers etc)

She might not be in the mood for training so just leave her be if that's how she feels.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Tarka is 11 days into her first season. She whines a lot more, esp in the evening, and is quite clingy, but nothing too strange so far and generally she is game for anything, the more active the better.

We've not been for any walks, only some ball throwing in the garden and the occasional trip down to the dock for a swim to try and make up for the lack of walks. I second the clicker training suggestion - we have at least 2 or 3 short sessions each day. Plus we do the "find it" game, which she loves. She comes out in the car with me for a ride now and then. We have a couple of marrow bones waiting to be given, but we've not tried them yet. She's not spent any extra time in her crate, we just have towels on the sofa and chairs and the rugs up.

It is a great relief that it has finally arrived, but now I am counting the days until it is over and we can get back to normal. :D :)

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
So you've got real woman at home now :lol:
Shelby was wearing pants with panty liner so she was allowed everywhere in the house. We've been playing a lot in the garden + were training and those 3 weeks just flew by :)

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not so bad - we have a big sun lounge/dining kitchen. When she was little we lived in there as it has wooden floors.

In fact, we were intending to move in there for the winter anyway as the front room is a cold room and always needs the fire lit, whereas the kitchen is south-facing and always warm as we cook in there. So we were going to decamp to save fuel.

Tatze's season just helped the process along faster. Tomorrow Mr Boogs is off to buy a sofa and bigger TV for in there, so that we'll all be comfy :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
My Lola came in today!

Wondered why big bro Buster licked her nether regions and now we know why! Poor Lola had just started to sleep on the bedroom floor and now she has to go in her crate for nunites. Seems happy enough though. Bless her heart. This is my first post and hope to upload some photos of my two. Lola is black and ten months. Buster is also black and he is 8 years young.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts