Labradors Forums banner
161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Well it's day 14 and all I have is four numbers perfectly showing but absolutely no letters whatsoever. I have spoken to the lady at the register again today and she's checked the reg and there are three dogs with the same four numbers and Max is one of them. She is making a note against his records and will send me a tag with his full tattoo on. Shouldn't be a problem but if anyone else has this issue let the register know as they are extremely helpful.

·
Registered
12,631 Posts
Dexter has little speckle bits where letters should be but you can't make them out and his numbers are not that great either :(

Was going to phone yesterday but never got round to it :(

·
Registered
20,400 Posts
Rubys was like that I was convinced I would need to get it done again it was abotu 4 weeks before the number was legiable perfectly

·
Premium Member
15,716 Posts
Charlie's isn't at all clear either.

you can make out a couple of the numbers but not the letters. I was going to leave it for another week and ring up about it if it's no better.

Also, Charlie's is very deep in his ear and it's really difficult to get him to let you look. Not sure how he'd be if a stranger tried to look although if they had some food in their hand he'd be ok!!!

Wendy and Charlie

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
I think the idea of putting it deep into the ear is so that people won't cut off part of the dogs ear to get rid of it :( If it's deep in the ear then even that wouldn't stop some of it still showing. Sick but probably been done somewhere :( :(

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
I think it's already been discussed that a dog with one ear is worth nothing either, so chopping ears off is a very small worry. Have you seen Ruby's? Her's is on the flap - Pheebs is pretty much the same as Charlie's - very deep inside her ear. You can't see it when you flap her ear back, you have to dig right down into her ear to see it - even if you knew she has a tattoo, you would swear she hasn't it's that deep inside :(

The numbers are perfect, letters not so much so (but then she did hurl herself into the lake 5 days after it was done :roll: )

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
I know it's a small worry but I think that is the original reasoning behind it.

Baxter's is on the flap (had it done ages ago) and to be honest I don't think I could make out what it said :(
I think the lady who did it should have shaved the hair off his ear first, as I don't think the ink ever got too much of a chance to soak in. We followed the instructions to the letter too, but I'm really not sure it would be any help in getting him home, just the deterrent bit for us really :roll:

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Jess is also on the flap and thankfully it is very clear. Sheena and I were worried as Jess and Fudge were washing each other all the way home :lol:

G

·
Alfie's didn't show up completely for a few weeks, it's on the flap though and was completely hidden under his hair that grew over it but Rhoni told me to cut the hair back, which i did and it is now visable :D don't think the whole thing is totally readable but hopefully it would be a deterant :D

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
CJ`s letters aren`t showing well, the numbers are readable, not sure someone who didn`t know what they were would be able to read them though :? , his is also deep inside the ear, he`s got used to me pulling it back to look now, not sure he`d be happy with a stranger doing it!

G

·
Fudges is very clear and considering that her and Jess licked all the ink off each others within 15 mins of having it done is a minor miracle.

Just a thought as so many of you have trouble seeing the letters maybe the needlae weren't as sharp as they needed to be, *now runs and hides with a tin hat on* lol

·
Premium Member
15,716 Posts
hi all

I've just spoken to the lady at the tattoo register place as Charlie's letters are not at all visible, so I thought after 4 weeks they probably wouldn't show. The numbers are fine though.

I told her that I thought a few others who had their dogs tattooed at the GT had the same problem. She said please could you ring her to let her know as the lady who did the tats is extremely experienced so wondered if there was something wrong with her equipment.

She is going to check her register and see how many dogs have the same numbers as Charlie and what breed they are. I would imagine as long as they have whatever is showing on the tattoo recorded then they should be able to match the dog to you.

Please can this be kept bumped for a few days so that people get chance to see it and ring the lady - she is lovely and helpful btw.

Wendy and Charlie

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
My Charlie's is really good and so is Harveys except the M at the beginning. I can make it out because I know what it is. Im not sure if you didnt know whether you'd know it was an M :?

Im going to ask people if they can make it out :)

161 - 174 of 174 Posts