Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have Talk Talk for TV, phone and broadband, are they any good? Got to reduce my spending and Virgin is too expensive so looking at alternatives.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Not got anything good to say, IF you can afford it with virgin paying the line rental for a year up front can save a LOT. We share your pain.

Mandy

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I have Talk Talk and have had since they started up. To be honest not had any problems with them. Broadband is slow but is the same for everyone in our village whever the provider is. I had a problem at Christmas as our router was hit by lightening and they sent a new router which didnt work. I thought it was just a set up problem and it turned out it was despite their foreign call centre insisting it was my line. They sent a BT engineer to check the line, which was fine, and he reset the router for me in a matter of minutes. I asked him who he thought was the best provider and he said he thought they were pretty much the same and to go for deals was the way to go.
I keep thinking of changing provider, as I dont think they are cheap, but end up staying with Talk Talk as have found them fine.
Good luck with whoever you choose.

Eileen

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I am with Talk Talk for telephone and Broadband [not TV, just use a digi box for extra channels]].

I am still on the the original contract which was with Tiscali many years ago, since Talk Talk took them over the monthly amount has crept up gradually as Tiscali was very cheap [probably why they started to lose money and needed bailing out], I have no complaints with the service, they are slow and I did buy a new router from ARGOS last year as they refused to give me a new one unless I upgraded my contract, this was not an option as far as I was concerned as my phone calls are free at home and abroad [talk for 1 hour, then redial to continue for no charge :wink: ] this was not offered if I upgraded.

Tricky decision, I think my daughter is with Virgin, have you tried chatting them up for a different more affordable package, I believe it is worth a try.

June

·
Registered
494 Posts
We are with Sky their broadband isn't so bad but my god their TV package is killing us! I have told my dad to remove the multi room and some other things we don't use but to be honest sky aren't cheap and we're not even on fibre yet!

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
I don't pay for TV but have a TalkTalk Broadband and Phone package... I don't like them because 1) they hassle me with phone calls wanting to check I'm on the best deal/sign up to a new contract! (I am out of contract now) and 2) when I went through a phase of moving house a lot I had to stay with them through each move or pay a fee to leave and they started me on a new contract each time meaning I couldn't escape them for about 4 years!!! (the reason I'm refusing to sign up to a new contract with them!!).

However, I am on a pretty good, cheap deal. I'm online whenever I want to be without any speed problems. They've phoned me a few times and I've let them check I am on their best deal and they've found I am each time! I pay less than £25 a month for phone and broadband and I pay for phonecalls made during the day. I think I could probably find a cheaper deal if I really searched and may well need to at some point because the router is coming up to 3 years old and is bound to break........

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Laura I would'nt change just because of the router breaking or being a problem, my techy guy tried to push talk talk into giving me a new router last year as my existing one was naff, after a lot of their waffle that I should upgrade and they would then give me a router [blackmail], I decided to just fork out £25 for new router, keep my existing contract which gives me all my calls 24hrs/7 days free :) . They were not happy but could not force me to give up my existing agreement that I had with tiscali, I have decided if it works and is affordable then not worth changing.
Another reason for keeping overseas free calls anytime, is evenings is'nt always practical for ringing with different time zones, and business calls here can only be made during the day to speak to a human, so no point changing.
I think eventually something will have to give as there will be someone with a sensible makeup your own package/deal, then it may be worth changing.

June

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone I spoke to the lovely Mohammed in Manchester from Virgin who has sorted out a much better deal for me with faster internet so well pleased I haven't had the hassle of changing provider :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts