Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.pdsa.org.uk/pet-health-advice/symptom-checker

Found this a few weeks back and have been 'playing' with it to make up my mind whether I like it or not, whether to share it or not.

I've decided to share it and I've decided it could be a useful tool along with the ever important gut instinct as well. Sometimes I've found it to be a bit over-cautious eg. The symptoms Tucker got for KC didn't need him rushing to the vet within 12hrs... But I suppose better be safe than sorry if someone didn't recognise what his problem was. I did speak to vet at the time about him because Luna was recovering from surgery so had that ongoing as well.

What do you all think?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I think it's good for first time dog owners and I would use it instead of phoning the vet out of hours if I was worried about a symptom. Though if you phone our vets for advice lately they always seem to want you to book an appointment. Our old vet was quite happy to discuss problems over the phone and give advice.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hmm just had a play and I would of been living at the vets for the past few months if I didnt know better. Could be handy for new owners but as always with these things they err on the side of caution as they must and get you to go to the vets under most circumstances.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Laura, anyone with common sense and a lab, will join LF

But there are loads of people who have no sense at all and still buy pets :roll: so anything on the internet which will help a pet is OK by me.

In 1998 (no internet then :wink: ) when preparing for my new puppy, I sat on the floor of W H Smith checking out Labrador books and bought my Bible, The Collins Book of The Labrador. Behind me was a young lad saying to an assistant "Have you got a book about tarantulas? I bought one yesterday and I don't know what it eats" (honest, I'm not making this up!! :roll: )

Chel and Dilys xxx

P.S. I read "my Bible" and asked the breeder about the hip and eye scores of both parents, "my Bible" told me it was important :)

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Jazz said:
It seems to be pretty much based on common sense .
Heh heh, common sense, there's not a lot of that around nowadays.

It went out the window along with the notion that every action has a direct consequence.

We just look for someone else to blame now :evil:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts