Labradors Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sydney has been home a week now but it feels like he has been here forever :D :D After crying for the first few nights I haven't heard a peep since xmas eve. I've been getting up to him at about 4am and then getting up between 7-8am although this morning i stretched it to 8:20am :D

He has settled into a routine of playing and sleeping and is doing all of his poos and about 90% of wees outside, he has even learned to go to the back door. Any done inside are usually my fault for not being quick enough, although yesterday during a mad half hour he came in from the garden and weed on Pud's bed 8O

Pud does a fabulous job of tiring him out and has now decided that he quite likes his little brother, I've attached a video of them playing. Sydney is fearless and if he cant get hold of the toy he will bite Pud's feet or face instead.

I've been putting Sydney in his crate for meals and he will usually eat half before starting to whine, I've been putting my hand in his food and 'fighting' him for it to encourage him to eat it all - I want to make sure that he is getting a tummy full whilst he is so little. Although he has definitely grown in the past week :D

We have been doing a little of training and have pretty much mastered sit, he is a little more bemused by 'give me your paw' but his recall over a short distance is fab.

He really is absolutely adorable, such a character and incredibly different to Pud who has always been mr independent pup, Sydney's favourite spot is curled up on my feet which is where he is now :D

Just so I don't get complacent he does have mad puppy half hours of tearing round the outside of the garden - through my raised flower beds and pulling up the corner of the black fabric that is underneath the bark :roll:

I've attached lots of photos

Looking adorable:

Look at that puppy tummy:

Curled up with big bro:

Sleeping on my slippers:

Playing with his chicken:

Curled up on Pud's bed:

Oh no he caught me:

More to come!

·
Super Moderator
15,716 Posts
awww what a gorgeous little pup and he sounds as though he's doing really well with training.

I can't see the video though (rubbish computer!!)

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Sydney is growing well Leanne :D , lovely pics and Pudding looks like he`s not sure about his little bro nicking his bed :lol:

Wendy your not alone, I didn`t see a link for the video either :lol: , your link for Charlie`s (and Dudley`s now I assume) album isn`t working, you need a ] after the .html :)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
:D :D they look so much like ollie and maisie and are doing the same things :lol: :lol: the one where sydney is on puds bed and puds is stood there thinking hang on a minute thats my bed :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Sydney is adorable :D and looks like he's settled in really well.

We've had Ciara home for 10 days and its like she's always been here.

Paula

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
The photos and video are wonderful :D

Great to see how well they are both getting on.

Loved the way playing made Sydney run into the kitchen for a drink, such a clever puppy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts