Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi after talking to the vet,trainer and reading lf we have dcided to move taylor onto skinners.....but what type do i put him on lol. He is 8 months old not a working dog but does swim aqnd walk and alot of garden play.

would working dog food be ok or does he still need puppy sorry i must sound abit dim lol

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
I feed my 3 all on Skinners, none of them work :) My 2 Labs are 6 and my cocker is 10 months (on it from 6 months) and they all do brilliantly on it.

They have Field & Trial Duck and Rice :)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
jake has been on the working one since he was about 5 months and isn`t a working dog but has done fantastic on it. he gets the field and trial duck and rice hypoallergenic one and i`d highly recommend it. if you go on their site and send them a message they`ll send you out some free samples to help you decide for yourself :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
my lad was on skinners puppy until he was 8months and then went on to crunchy and I have just changed him on to the maintenance food, he s done really well on skinners, he s just been in to be neutered and the vet commented what good condition he was in! He isn t a working dog but has lots of exercise he goes across the fields at least three times a day. I fit dog and one kn......d owner!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
We use half Salmon and Rice and half museli mix, and Poppy seems to do pretty well on it.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
The only ones I would use are the Field and Trial Salmon & Rice or Duck & Rice as the other varieties all contain wheat and/or maize from what I remember. Skinners were very helpful and sent me free samples, leaflets and a stockist list the next working day after I sent an email.

However, I tried both and went back to Burns as they made Coco looser than usual and I wasn't happy with the higher protein levels as she isn't a working dog. We use Burns Canine Alert now which is VAT free as a working dog food but is aimed at assistance dogs so doesn't need to be so high in protein.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi everyone thanks for the comments...we have tried burns preivously but he lost a substantialamount of weight on it.
Have just ordered some salmon and rice so fingers crossed he does well on it :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts