Labradors Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found two round circles with black spots in the middle on our gunners stomach and he has one on his testicles.

Could this be ringworm

I have rang our vets for an appointment but they cant get us in until friday.

I have cleaned it this morning with paxcutol shampoo which is a vet prescribed anyibacterial shampoo we have for gunner for his canine acne dont know if it will help.

Has anyone had any experiance of it.

Should we keep gunner away from other dogs

Also our other dog sandy has nothing we check her high and low and not a mark.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I know that ringworm on humans looks like a round circle with normal looking skin in the middle, so not sure about that, but you could search on the net for images of ringworm in dogs to compare. I'm not sure an antibacterial shampoo would work, as it is a fungus, but it doesn't hurt to try ;-) Good luck!!!

I did hear on another forum of a similar type of rash, which turned out to be black fly bites, or something like that...I'll look it up and re-post for you.

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
I don't think the black spot is consistent with ringworm tbh so hopefully just some bites maybe.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the link i took a look and its not quite the same as our gunner has.

Our gunners are not not red on the inside but have black dots in the middle

and they are raised slightly on the edge

Its about the same size though

He has no hair loss its seems to be under his hair but as the hair is thin in the places he has it we noticed it

Thanks for your help

G

·
I've seen Ringworm a number of times (and had it myself) and I can't say I've ever seen it cause a black dot in the centre. It usually starts out with an itchy red spot which spreads outwards in a circle, leaving the middle flat and bald. The edges are usually raised and red and a bit crusty at times.

Hibiscrub has the right ingredients in for killing off the fungi which causes Ringworm and we often scrubbed the horses in it if we had an outbreak.

Is there anyway you can take a close up photo of it, so we can all get a better idea?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry i can't get a picture as i broke my camera on holiday in greece a couple of weeks ago.

I think your right about it not being ringworm as it is fading and quite a bit.

We did use some hibiscrub on it last night we always keep hibisrub indoors.

So it looks as though it could be bites as Jomel said

If it fades any more im going to cancel the vets and see how it goes

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm not sure Ringworm is very easy to see in animals because when my vet checked my dogs out he used an ultra violet lamp.

I caught it myself from my puppy and a friend caught it from her kitten so I think it must be quite contagious :roll:

Joyce x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts