Labradors Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who don/t know. Sultan has a very bad skin condition, and must drive him mad.

I work part time, but have a dog sitter. She had to leave early. 1 hour before i got home.

The postman came and delivered a letter.
The letter was turned into confectey.
A cushion on the sofa, is now in bits of cotton wool.

I de crated him 4 months ago

I have told him off, but not gone near him. His head is low.

Is that a sorry. I won/t do it again.

Mum you are the boss :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
I`m afraid not, its a "I know I must have done something because you are cross with me, but I have no idea what", he won`t remember having destroyed the letter and the cushion, maybe best to go back to the crate for a while :)

A

·
0 Posts
Agree with Mary, unless you caught him in the act then he'll have no idea why your telling him off after he's done it, he'll just know your angry with him :(

Is there no way you can maybe leave him in one room where theres nothing he can destroy? or get a postbox that catches your post ? If not, then i would also go back to the crate if you're only leaving him for short periods :)

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
_Mary_ said:
I`m afraid not, its a "I know I must have done something because you are cross with me, but I have no idea what", he won`t remember having destroyed the letter and the cushion, maybe best to go back to the crate for a while :)
Thats what i throught. Back to basic.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He is not left on his own. Today was a one off.

But he knows he has done wrong.

Im a bad mummy. I love to see him creap. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am milking it :!:

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
gixju said:
I am milking it :!:
Yaaay :D How often so we get the upper hand? :?

But sorry he's having to learn the hard way :( If only they could get the text book and swot up on it. We're dealing with a loving boy who's also teething and loves to lick " - oops, did I use my teeth there? Sorry, I have teeth in places I didn't know about"

:evil: because I know he's trying it on so I have to be mean to him even as I collect his baby canines 8O

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AlfiesMum said:
Agree with Mary, unless you caught him in the act then he'll have no idea why your telling him off after he's done it, he'll just know your angry with him :(

Is there no way you can maybe leave him in one room where theres nothing he can destroy? or get a postbox that catches your post ? If not, then i would also go back to the crate if you're only leaving him for short periods :)

He is not left on his own normally. He is 13 months. And full of it.

Its the damage, while he was left. I can/t let it go.

He was naughty., After being so good for months.
There are other changes, when i walk him. He is trying to take over the walk. IE. Pulling. The need to cock his leg.

I know. He is growing up. And wants to take over.

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
Touch wood! because I try to leave Luna tired when I leave her alone for a spell not much damage has been done (vacuum attachment chewed to destruction once and a raid on the cardboard recycling!) and if I HAVE to go out when she's not VERY tired then I leave her with Marmite and treat filled toilet rolls stuffed into a kitchen roll tube. Giving her something she's supposed to destroy, touch wood :roll:, has been successful so far!

Hope the letter wasn't important! And isn't it about time Sultan gave you a snuggle and a lick apology?! :?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry but Sultan is a teenager. You think you have finally got there and then they have their birthday and forget everything.... expect to have Kevin and Perry staying for a few months.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just to let you al know. I could not stay mad. And as for milking the fact he acted guilty,(Over something he had forgot he had done).

I took him for a nice, long cool swim, and a bath when he got home.

Bank statements, and cushions all forgot about. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Untill the next time. :!:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts