1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Baymax, b.Nov2020
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends,
Baymax will turn 1 year in a few days.

While an otherwise adorable dog he surprised us a few times with a pee on the couch (twice in a few days) and on both my and my son's bed :(

He's otherwise his usual happy, energetic self.

He used to be allowed on both couches and beds but now he's not allowed anymore since we can't risk laying on his pee :(

Any ideas?

Thanks

PS Here he is

·
Administrator
22,041 Posts
Is it accidental do you think? The first thing you need to do is talk to your vet, thinking possible urine infection. Failing that occasionally you get a male scent marking, often when there is a bitch in season in the area. If this is the case then it's one of the times when castration can help by lowering the testosterone level.

·
Registered
Baymax, b.Nov2020
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for not replying earlier but LIFETECHe quite hectic. First of all thanks.
Baymax has been banned from couches and beds for some time and complies.
So far he's never repeated that behaviour.
He wouldn't mark the "sides" wince he very rarely if at all lifts his leg to pee but rather still squats as females and puppies.
Re the "call of sirens" :) until very recently he's been strolling along his friend Luna being in heat and fixated with only stealing her tennis ball :) So I gathered he's still not very interested but just yesterday we crossed path with a lovely chocolate 13mo spayed female which got him REALLY interested sexually for the first time. Go guess.
Anyways it seems this has been a pretty much unique accident.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts