Labradors Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have not long got back from a dog walk and tried some woods that we havent visited before.

Reuben and Henry had run ahead as normal, with Annie trotting behind us. Not sure if they had run over the wasp nest next to the path at the base of a tree, or whether they had already been disturbed by something else.

My son was level with the nest and walking past a holly bush, and he started screaming, thinking he had been attacked by the holly bush, so I tried to calm him down and have a look, to then find loads of wasps on him, which had stung him 4 times on his back and about 3 times on his arms.

Dogs then came running over, they were all covered in wasps, and Henry was also in the process of getting stung all over his face. Then they started attacked my too on my side, back and arms, so wasnt sure who to help first. lol

Got us off the path, all the wasps off my son, and the dogs, Annie and Reuben seem unaffected by all of this, but Henry was obviousily in pain. For the rest of the walk he would not leave my side, and kept stopping every couple of feet to check on me. Not sure whether he was behaving like that because he was scared and upset, or because he knew my son and I were hurt too.

On inspection of him, his face is covered in bumps where he has been stung, my poor baby..... :( :( :(

G

·
Have you got any Piriton Tammy. If you have I'd give Henry one. You and your son could probably do with one too.

Have you checked inside Henry's mouth...and the other dog too, just in case they have been stung on the tongue or throat? These can swell dramatically, so if you find any stings there, you'll be better off getting them to the vets.

Keep an eye on your son too, especially if he has been stung before. Don't take any chances, if he starts to feel ill/breathless/coughing/sick etc get him checked out ASAP.

Bleddy Wasps....There seems to be loads about this year. :evil:

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Jules, will do....

Why is it such little things can cause sooooooooo much pain. :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
Awww poor Ollie and Henry, give my favourite boys a hug from Den

Hope you are ok too Tam
XXX

( Bet u wish you came over here after all!!)

G

·
I don't know Tammy, they REALLY hurt though don't they.

I had one fly up the leg of my jeans a while back and it stung me about 6 times before I could get my jeans off (you can imagine the panic). It hurt so much I thought I was going to cry or pass out and I'm not usually a wimp. :roll:

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Sorry, I read too quickly and missed the bit about your son being stung, must have sounded horribly unsympathetic there :oops: Hope your poor son is ok too :flower:

Definitely keep an eye on them, my first dog got stung in the mouth by a bee or wasp we think and her face did swell rather dramatically and we had to take her to the vets.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
only had the piriton syrup, so given him, annie and reuben some. they thought i was trying to kill them. lol

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AngelaC said:
Sorry, I read too quickly and missed the bit about your son being stung, must have sounded horribly unsympathetic there :oops: Hope your poor son is ok too :flower:
And ME, Angela. PMSL ..... dont worry. l :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Tammy_ said:
AngelaC said:
And ME, Angela. PMSL ..... dont worry. l :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh no, you too! Sorry, my head isn't quite with it today :oops:

I am sorry for EVERYONE, dog or human, that got stung, that should cover it :flower: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
ooh that sounds horrible, blo*** things.

Hope the swelling soo goes down on all of you,

touch wood only been stung once by a wasp, trouble was it was one of the few times I wore a skirt to go for a walk, and i stood over a wasps nest, need I say more :roll: 8O

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
You poor things - that's one of my worst nightmares, along with one of the dogs getting bitten by an adder.

If I had my way, all wasps would be exterminated immediately :evil:

Sending <<<<<<<soothing nasty stings>>>>>>>>>>> vibes

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Hope you all recover from stings quickly and with no reactions. They are horrid! I've fenced off the fruit trees in our garden cos the wasps are invading the fruit while it's still on the tree. Keeping me and dog away until they all disappear for the winter - horrible creatures. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Oh my word, I hope you are all feeling ok now....how scary 8O 8O

I have a BIG fear of wasps :evil:

Hope the piriton has helped and the stings aren't too sore

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Hope you are all ok, wasps have been a real nuisance all over the place this year, my friends little girl got stung when they were camping a couple of weeks ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts