Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Her name is Jillian! She was born Dec 16th.

Its been a wild week but things are calming down in the house. Stoudts and Jillian get along great. She is very respectable when we are holding her (sitting and not jumping) and not once attempted any sort of play with her while they were in close proximity. She gives her kisses when she can though we try to keep that to a minimum. Also, she cries when Jillian cries and runs to her I guess to make sure she is OK?

I do though have a odd observation and wondering if anyone noticed this with their lab. 2 days before the wife went into labor, Stoudts started cleaning her special place constantly. To the point that the couches got soaked and need a really good cleaning. She didn't seem to be in any discomfort and I checked her undersides, no redness or swelling to be found. Then when the wife came home with Jillian the cleaning stopped.

This is something shes never really done before, has anyone ever experienced this? Its like she new she was going into labor.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Oh congratulations, Jillian is gorgeous, welcome to the world little one :D

I cant remember back that far when my son was born, 11 1/2 years ago but I remember they loved and protected him from the day he came home :D

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Congratulations, Jillian is beautiful :D , could be that Stoudts has a feeling that your wife was about to go into labour, dogs seem to be more sensitive to many things than we are :)

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Congratulations - what a lovely Christmas present!! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts