Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we just had a really big thunder lightning and hail storm, vogue was completely unphased, richey usually barks at the thunder (dopy dog) but i have seen dogs cowering behind sofas because they're terrified.
How does everyone elses dog react?
Anna

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hi anna

brandy is fine with them she is a old hand at them now even bonfire night she is ok

charlie on the other hand he barks when he hears the thunder and cowers behind anything he can or he will jump onto our knees and shake like a leaf same on bonfire night he HATES the noise ( he was chained up aoutside for the first 2yrs of his life before we rescued him)
so we have to watch him carefully

rosze seem to be ok we had a thunderstorm not so long ago and she did try to hide under my comp chair..lol.but she didnt seem to fased by it all id like to see her reaction this bonfire as it will be her first with us..LOL..

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Hi Anna,

Bailey i'm afraid is a complete baby 8O We have had (and thank fully passed) the said storm - Bailey sat very nervously under the dining room table, ears back and sad droopy eyes :cry:

He's not normally that bad but the thunder sounded like it was in the attic - he was not a happy bunny, so i turned the tv on and up loud to try and drown it out :?

He then slinked on the sofa and sulked, while checking every few minutes to see if i was still watching him :lol:

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi anna
we had a belting storm here a few weeks back and it was maxs first. he was terrified of it and it made him physically sick bless him.
weve had a couple of small ones since and hes been jumpy with them.

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
forgot to mention have you noticed your dogs can sense the weather change before we can??

charlie will go outside then come running in and hide before we even catch sight of lighting..lol..

brandy just stands and sniffs the air

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
We're only had one bad thunder storm since we've had Harvey - it was in the middle of the night, and Harvey didnt even wake up :lol:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
As it happens we have a storm here now and Buster isn't bothered by it in the least,which is a good thing.

Kev

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Yes i'm sure they think i'm madder than normal. :roll:

I do try to stay away from them during a storm so they don't pick up on my fear.

margaret

·
Registered
498 Posts
We had a really bad storm up here in January, about a month after we got Brady. There were hurricane force winds, a family of five were killed fleeing their home on a neighbouring island and the power was off for days in some parts.

We were sitting in the darkness, listening to all the tiles coming off the roof and our fences being torn down, and all the while little Brady was completely unfazed by the whole experience. Just enjoyed all the extra attention while the telly and computer weren't on!

He's a pretty fearless dog - the only thing that freaks him out is next doors cat :lol:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thunder and lightening - no problem. 2 little cats - terrifying! :lol: Scooby is so scared of them that he lies like a statue, only moving his eyes. They are so cruel sometimes, like sitting in doorways so he can't get past!

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Not had a storm since we've had Corbie. There were very loud fireworks at Hogmanay though (could feel the shudder through the house!) and he didn't bat an eyelid! Mind you he was only 8 weeks old then so now he may have something to say about it all :D

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Same with us - Shadow is totally un-fazed by thunder and lightening - it's Rosie that goes ballistic and hides under the stairs.
Shadow's first experience was when he ws about 6 months and we were caught outside in a storm, he ran around like a headless chicken!! lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts