Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
28 November 2010 - just giving this a bump as these dogs are still missing :(

Hi all, I've received this via a lost dog list I am on and I recognised the name of the school.

STOLEN from kennels west of Andover, Hampshire...Fri/4/5th Sept. around 2am.. Four dogs (believed to be Spaniels). They had actually unbolted the metal panels to gain access. All the other dogs had been let loose.

The approach was made across the fields so they must have known that the main track through the shooting school to the lodge was covered by CCTV.

Apparently they had carried out another raid in Wiltshire that night and left one dog from that earlier raid, who proved to be old, running loose with all his.

Obviously he was disturbed but not in time to catch them at it so they must have been pretty quick, I suspect, having sussed it all out beforehand. A large reward is offered for their return.

I suspect they were stolen to order so will be moved on very quickly. Some were very well trained so all you shooting people please keep an ear to the ground for guns, beaters, pickers-up who have recently acquired a well-trained spaniel.

Any information please contact Howard, Lains Shooting School 01264 889 467 and mobile is 0797 1160 156

There seems to be some uncertainty as to whether the dogs taken were spaniels or not. There don't seem to be any details or photos of specific dogs at present but will update if I receive more info. (edit, one of the dogs was Maggie, a cocker, see next post for links).

I've not seen anything else about the theft in Wiltshire, so no info on that one.

Poor dogs, hope they are found soon.

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, looks as though the dogs are going onto doglost at the moment.

Just saw this entry for Maggie, a female, seven month old, cocker spaniel, black with white on chest and nose.

http://www.doglost.co.uk./Page.aspx...gDIBGNb_3527OBXgIvucPT1ZF5GXNTxJvszGYDJTzUltK

Will add the others as they appear.

Edit: Maggie is not owned by Howard but is a pet dog who was staying at the kennels at the time of the theft and was taken.

Doglost don't have details of the other dogs taken at present.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
I have just spoken to Howard and he asked me to post that he is offering a Reward of £4000 for anyone who can return or lead to the recovery of these dogs. Obviously he is very upset by this and would be very grateful for any information.

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shadybug said:
I have just spoken to Howard and he asked me to post that he is offering a Reward of £4000 for anyone who can return or lead to the recovery of these dogs. Obviously he is very upset by this and would be very grateful for any information.
Do you have any details of the other dogs taken? Am crossposting but have only seen details of Maggie on doglost so far.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Sorry not at the moment as he had to get off the phone. He is putting flyers up and have people looking out locally. As soon as I have more info I will post it.

Please keep this bumped up for them, I know dogs have been found before and hopefully these will be found as well.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Oh no!! Poor Howard, he must be a mess!
It certainly sounds very suspicious, very "stolen to order" :(
God I hope they get good news soon.
I will forward to everyone in my area that I know, since we're not too far. Do you think it would be worthwhile for me to put a poster up in the local post office etc?

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just to clarify, have just been advised by doglost that Maggie (who I posted about above) is not one of Howard's dogs. She is a pet dog who happened to be staying there at the time of the theft :(

If Howard could get in touch with doglost to give details of the other dogs stolen, it would really help get the info out there as doglost has a lot of volunteers/supported.

And yes, Vanessa, lots of missing dogs are reunited, so definitely everything crossed for these.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
oh god. thats awful!

grrrrrrrr :evil: to the evil sods that did this!

hope they are found. Are they chipped?

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Ness, Howard is emailing me a poster so will forward it onto you, if anyone else would be prepared to put up posters at work etc please let me know and pm me your email address.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Brill, yes please do so and I will pop it up around here, and also I will drop it in to the gamekeeper of our local shoot, it's a big corporate jobby so he has professional beaters and pickers up, so that should get a bit more attention for him.

I

·
0 Posts
Oh god, that's despicable. :evil:

I hope they're found soon - giving this post a bump.

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The dogs stolen are:

Liver and white Springer spaniel bitch
Golden working cocker spaniel bitch
Black working cocker spaniel bitch (puppy)
Golden working cocker spaniel bitch (puppy)

(I'm assuming the black working cocker bitch puppy is Maggie as I think four dogs were stolen in total).

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Yes thats right Angela I have a pic of 3 of the dogs on a poster that howard emailed last night. If anyone would like a poster they can put up at work or pass on to game keepers and shoot members please pm me.And yes all the dogs are microchipped.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
This is dreadful. Locally two working Labs disappeared from their garden recently, presumed stolen. (I posted details on LF) What is the world coming to?

Please God they are all reunited with their owners soon

Katy

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Howard's three have now been registered on doglost:

Fudge, four month old female golden Cocker Spaniel:
http://www.doglost.co.uk/Page.aspx?...gDIBGNb_3527OBXgIvucPT1ZF5GXNTxJvs0DpcjUArWML

Diva, liver and white female Springer Spaniel
http://www.doglost.co.uk/Page.aspx?...gDIBGNb_3527OBXgIvucPT1ZF5GXNTxJvs/05yUMW91h7

and Poppy, six months female golden Cocker Spaniel:
http://www.doglost.co.uk/Page.aspx?...gDIBGNb_3527O0VXDwo/3iFdF5GXNTxJvs2yq5wIbfjat

Photos still to be added of the above three.

and again Maggie, who was taken while staying at the kennels: 7 month black and white (black with white on chest and nose) female Cocker Spaniel:
http://www.doglost.co.uk/Page.aspx?...gDIBGNb_3527OBXgIvucPT1ZF5GXNTxJvszGYDJTzUltK

Photos of Maggie:

Can people please keep crossposting everywhere they can :flower:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts