Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
It certainly is dragging on so it seems like it must be something major.

And people are continuing to post on threads which extend to more than one page, obviously not realising that nobody can actually read them. I sent a pm on Thursday which is still sitting in the outbox and neither myself nor the person it is intended for can access it.

Sadly the forum has been flagging recently and really does not need a frustrating situation like this, which will put new people off joining as well as leading to existing members walking away (particularly as LF is a subscription site).

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
A good point.

I think that it would be a good idea if Yung could post an update. Bit like an airline delay: The more information given, the less annoyed you are.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am a new member and will not be put off by minor glitches. The support I have received these last few days is wonderful. I have no problem reading threads I do have 2 messages that I am unable to open but thats fine people understand there are problems at the moment.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I am sure that updates from Yung would be much appreciated by us all.

So glad to hear that you are happy to have joined us Montymoo, and that you have already found LF to be an excellent source of info and support.

·
Administrator
20,497 Posts
The team are working on the problem, but as you can guess from the time its taking it is a major fault,though as yet not of the epic proportions of the "Great Crash" of 2005! Dont know if they work weekends though???

Regards, John

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Jazz said:
Sadly the forum has been flagging recently and really does not need a frustrating situation like this, which will put new people off joining as well as leading to existing members walking away (particularly as LF is a subscription site).
You are spot on.

I have noticed a drop off in posts and some of the existing members no longer seem as active?

What do they do now? I mean, are they asking and answering the doggie questions and problems elsewhere?

It is such a useful place this, it has helped me several times, and I wondered where they all share their collective knowledge :?

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
We are all still here and there is move a foot to move the forums over to a new platform at some point as John and I are aware and have been involved in throwing some ideas around, but that is all I can tell you at the mo

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
Sadly though, I feel that unless this forum gets sorted ASAP there will be very few people left!

This forum used to be so good but a combination of losing many of the oldies to FB and the seemingly lack of interest coming from the owners means that it is going downhill.

The likes of Nat, John W and other staff members do their best to keep things going but they can only do so much with owners who clearly are not really bothered with this forum.

I have learnt so much from the advice on here and met some new friends, some I have met in person and others I feel I know like I have met them!

It does feel like this forum is coming to an end and it is such a shame.

Chloe

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Oh Chloe (rubyrubyruby), I totally agree with your every word :D

LF means a lot to me, Im a bit of a "private person" :roll: so how can I explain that one week ago I met another member that got "Chel out of her Shell"???

Thanks to Helen (munchbunch), Scott and Henry xxx :wink:

Chel and Dilys xxx

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
Ooooooo I am ok p2!! Thought that was not allowed! First time in days!

Work, pups, friends and life gets in the way of me being on here as much now. Have made do many lovely friends via this forum and some of them are actually people, they are not all dogs!

Chel, I hope Henry and his Munchbunch bring you out of your shell and along to a Gt one day.... ?!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Im new and wont be put off by the problems but its is annoying not being able to read some page 2s and I am finding myself leaving out apostrophes in all aspects of life now lol!

I love the content and people on this site, but the site itself is an ancient model. My OH is a system architect and I showed him this site and he said it made his soul hurt haha. It would be great to have a mobile / tablet friendly site.

I hope they fix it soon though.

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
I am not sure that there are page 2s when it says there are. If you look at the last person to post, from the main page, you can find their post on the thread, so I think the posts are still there(?), but the forum thinks there should be an extra page when there is not?

This thread for example shows three pages and there are only two, but the last person to post as I am typing, is StormDust and I can see their post on page 2.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
It does seem to be a bit of a mess, i just took out the apostrophe s (see what i did there) after wasting 20 mins trying to post and that worked.

Hopefully this can get sorted out soon.

Is this the beginning or is it the end (the 3 degrees 1970s)

Gary and Toby.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
It^s a bit better. Emoticons oui, apostrophes non.

For some reason I can^t thank folk! but not to worry.

I^m having a sneaky peak on here! and Les is watching Mr Selfridge :D

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
I dont understand computers but I do know this is an old site that needs TLC and sorting/updating

I just the hope the Owners (in Canada) dont let this site die

Granny (me) is Sad and a bit angry, she would like to send the boys in :wink: :diabloanifire: :diabloanifire:

Chel and Dilys xxx

Edited to add - - - it took me ages to do this cus of syntax errors :roll:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts