Labradors Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4 month old labrador is sometimes a little stiff in the morning and does not jump straight out of her bed to greet me. It's as if her rear end won't get going. It only lasts a few moments and once she has had a stretch she is fine.

Is this normal?

This is our first dog and it is difficult to know what is normal.

Also having read about hip dysplaysia maybe I'm looking for something that doesn't exist.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Cato

Welcome to lab forums.

You may want to check out this page for information:-

http://www.labradorforums.co.uk/hips.html

It is understandable that you will be concerned as this is your first puppy. Smudge is ours too and I am constantly worrying about him! However, I would say that a lot of puppies get stiff at times - rising from sleep might well be the most common time. I know Smudge always has a little stretch when he wakes up!

I would be interested to know what other members think on this one?

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

It sounds as though you pup is just a little stiff in the morning, after all that running and playing around i think i would be too! If you are really concerned about it a trip to the vet would probably put your mind at rest. Try not to worry to much, just keep an eye out for if it gets worse. :D

Cristina

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
max is normally a bit stiff in the morning when he wakes up. he has a funny little routine that he does every morning. he first slides his front legs down on to the floor then he stretches his back legs out as far as he can go. then he hops down stretches the whole of his self, has a good shake and a big yawn and then he's raring to go which means pulling the duvet off and pulling me out of bed :lol: by the time hes bounded down stairs and into the garden to do his bizzys theres no sign off stiffness.

jane and max

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
He's not only a duvet pincher jane he's eaten 2,and now he's big enough to drag them around i never know where they will end up.Lynne.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
max has'nt tried to eat the duvet yet but pillows! thats a different matter 8O he has now managed to chomp thru 3. thank god they were'nt the feather ones :razz:
jane

1 - 8 of 8 Posts