Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two and a half years ago Bailey had a bad stick accident and we never throw them then on Monday OH was out with the next door neighbour who throws sticks OH threw a stick Bailey got to it first.........
20 stitches in his throut
He is OK but good job we were insured
One of those things but can be prevented
DON'T throw sticks
The Vet said he see's so many injuries from them
If this post stops just one Dog getting injured then some good will have come of it
Dave

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
I worry abourt my 3 with sticks, I never throw them but when we are in the country park they always pick them up and start "fighting" over them, I try to distract them but quite often to no avail

Hope Bailey feels better soon

Lorna

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
Luna loves sticks but have trained all who play with her not to throw them. I cut down some branches in the garden yesterday and she's had great fun chewing them into pieces :roll: Will be throwing them over the garden fence out of her range this afternoon! (into the front garden where she's not allowed I hasten to add!)

Hope Bailey heals up soon, it must be a painful injury.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Poor Bailey.

I hope he recovers soon.

I never throw sticks but like you Lorna I worry about how Rufus plays with sticks sometimes. They are so much part of who he is and how he plays that it is so hard to stop him. But I worry.

Yvonne

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Dave

I think this post would be better out under a general heading, as I don't think you will find any gundog people that throw sticks for their dogs 8O .

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Hopefully that incident will have put your neighbour off throwing sticks for their dog in future, hope Bailey heals quickly and is back to his usual self soon.

P

·
0 Posts
Sorry for being a bit dim here. Ruby loves to chew sticks, and we've occasionally thrown them for her to fetch but I'm not sure why doing that is more harmful potentially than her picking them up and chewing them (which she's always done).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts