Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ideas for a step that my lab can use to come down from the back seat of a kuga?
He has never been in the boot travelling but may be only option with a ramp. Sounds crazy but i don't like the thought of him in the boot in case i get rear ended.Many thanks for reading

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
You can get custom made boxes that are made to withstand impact if your car is hit, that might be an option. But I've no idea for a ramp, as I did get one once for my old girl to get in and out of the Discovery I had at the time, but she didn't like using it, so I ended up lifting her in and out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can get custom made boxes that are made to withstand impact if your car is hit, that might be an option. But I've no idea for a ramp, as I did get one once for my old girl to get in and out of the Discovery I had at the time, but she didn't like using it, so I ended up lifting her in and out.
Hi Tarimoor
A custom made box seems like a good idea, many thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I will vouch for the custom made cage too. Having been in a very serious car accident several years ago, car smashed, front, back and side, I can say that the dog cage came out in far better condition than me! Luckily the dogs weren't in it at the time, but had they been, the cage would have saved their lives and stopped them escaping through the smashed windows.
I have a TransK9 cage in my present car but have used Barjo and Guardsman previously.

·
Administrator
20,704 Posts
I use a Barjo. I also find it so useful in warm weather. If I go to somewhere like a garden centre I can put a padlock on the cage door and leave the tailgate open to keep the dogs cool.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will vouch for the custom made cage too. Having been in a very serious car accident several years ago, car smashed, front, back and side, I can say that the dog cage came out in far better condition than me! Luckily the dogs weren't in it at the time, but had they been, the cage would have saved their lives and stopped them escaping through the smashed windows.
I have a TransK9 cage in my present car but have used Barjo and Guardsman previously.
Wow thank you so much for your reply I'm glad your well, thanks for the info about the cage i think i will have to get one as my lab just wont let me lift him out of the back seat and the kuga door doesn't open very wide.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just used to use one of those square plastic storage boxes turned upside down for my elderly Lab, who had bad arthritis, to get in & out of back seat of my car. She was 40kgs and wouldn't use a ramp but she was happy to use the upside down box and it withstood her weight no problem.
i would store it in the boot once she was in or out.
Lasted a good two years before it was retired due to her eventual passing.
9D2E58D5-CC98-4003-A627-1C8497ECFFAE.jpeg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just used to use one of those square plastic storage boxes turned upside down for my elderly Lab, who had bad arthritis, to get in & out of back seat of my car. She was 40kgs and wouldn't use a ramp but she was happy to use the upside down box and it withstood her weight no problem.
i would store it in the boot once she was in or out.
Lasted a good two years before it was retired due to her eventual passing.
View attachment 26378
That is so simple and clever, i have been looking at everything for Chip to use, i think he might be able to use one of those crates, thank you so much for taking the time to answer the query.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts