Labradors Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this qualifies as a puppy post or behaviour but thought I start here! Louis is now almost 10 months and since his allergies were diagnosed and Giardia treated has been clean overnight (since mid-June). For the last week we have come down to a puddle every morning, 2 this morning. He is walked around the block around 10.30-11.00pm and we're up around 6-6.30am. He has no access to water overnight and is not crated overnight - sleeps in the kitchen with our other dog. This morning he also wee'd on the floor while I was in the shower (perhaps just caught short but also in his crate (I was out for 2 hours and he went out for a wee right before I left.) He's not crated overnight as he wee'd and poo'd in it regularly when he was ill and it is now no deterrent. I don't understand why this has started, he is going back to the vet on Tuesday. Nothing else has changed other than I have cut him down to 2 meals from 3 but did it gradually. He's not neutered. Poos seem fine, bit runny yesterday but had been scavenging on the beach I think. Any ideas greatly appreciated - I am also cleaning floor with Simple Solution for odour. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

?

·
0 Posts
At his age, I'm wondering if he's marking his territory. I know my sister had this problem with two of her dogs and it got to the stage where they marked everything, from curtains/furniture to people if they were sat still for long enough. My neighbours had the same problem with their two boys. They would mark each other and each others beds, etc. Castration sorted this out in both cases, although I think my sis waited too long with one of her boys, as he still occasionally marks indoors even now, 10 years later. :roll:

I would certainly keep an eye on it and try to stamp out ANY marking, even when out.

However, if you are convinced he isn't marking, then I'd be concerned he may have a bladder infection.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts