Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog-owning netball friends and i are off to Stanton Park on New Years Day - meet in the car park @ 3pm..

There is normally Carly (& me), Dennis (18m Male (neutered) Black Lab), Herbie (7yr labx - grumpy old man keeps himself to himself when allowed to by Carly), Mabel (18m Female Lurcher/greyhound), and sometimes a black/white spaniel (female, not sure of age).

and sometimes some non-dog peeps & kids..

If anyone at a loose end and close to Stanton (on A361 between Swindon & Highworth) feel free to come along and join us, we normally walk around the park (takes about 40-60mins) just let me know (can be quite muddy) - so we know how many to expect/wait for....

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I have a teeny question... the grumpy Herbie - has he ever"had a go" at another dog? I have a puppy who desperately needs to meet some nice friendly dogs that I can guarantee won't have a pop at him...

He needs his confidence to be given a boost, do you think this would be a safe calm environment for him? If so, to hell with the 5 minute rule, we could come over for a walk!!??!!

Will check online in the am for replies, and will text you if I've not heard from you.

Ness

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No - he just wanders away, he's been fine with both Carly & Dennis (who can get quite "bouncy"/ "in yer face") ..

and I'm sure Carly & Dennis will welcome Vegas into their "gang" :D

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it was great fun; and i hope Ozzie & Vegas enjoyed themselves Ness..
I will check with Karen & Jason tomorrow that Mabel returned to them before the park locked their gates - lol

And she hasnt moved from this place since we got back (and she'd had her dinner).....actually neither have i till now! :D

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Oh, we had a wonderful afternoon, and I will def be going back there again - it's only 20 mins from here, well closer than I thought!
I also found a location for a Proper Walk just a little bit further up the A419, so if nobody other than us wants to do Shiplake then we might try one there instead.... I've just bumped the Shiplake thread to see if anyone else is interested.

I was so proud of Gus, the way he bounded over to greet Carly, I think coming with you was the perfect thing to do with him... only prob was I picked up a cold :(

So, how long did it take Karen & Jason to get Mabel back? Poor them!! They will have to think up more devious plans to get her back to them before the end of the walk. I feel so sorry for people with hounds who are having recall problems! It'd drive me batty!! But at least they are good enough to let her offlead and to have a run about, so many people who own them just wouldn't let her off the lead, but it is obvious she loves the free running!

Thanks so much for inviting us, and we'd love to crash your party again next month!!

x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts