Labradors Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
I've had them for mine in the past, but there have been a few reports of chipped/broken teeth, so have stopped buying them I'm afraid. My lot get loads of bones in any case.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Lilly is munching on a stagbar now, she loves it. We keep it in an airtight container when Lilly isn't using it. I do restrict how long she has it for though.

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
Never have but the recent reports would certainly put me off I'm afraid. :?

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
Yep we have them and have had them since they first came out! I buy mine from my vets too!

Never had problem with chipped teeth or them going off. They don't smell or give poorly tummies to my two either.

We have various sized ones in the toy box and I have just got them a new one each for Christmas.

My girls both love 'em !

Chloe

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
rubyrubyruby said:
Yep we have them and have had them since they first came out! I buy mine from my vets too!

Never had problem with chipped teeth or them going off. They don't smell or give poorly tummies to my two either.

We have various sized ones in the toy box and I have just got them a new one each for Christmas.

My girls both love 'em !

Chloe
There was an article a few years ago, that highlighted that the things vets sell can cause damage to their teeth - I'm not pointing the finger at stag bars here, but some of the harder chew toys. And of course vets will receive payment for treating dogs that need attention because of chipped/broken teeth. The article was asking the question about how ethical it was for vets to be selling products that could possibly end up with them making an income for having to treat the dog due to injury.

Now of course a dog could trip over the front step of the vets and need treatment, but just because a vet sells a product, doesn't make it right or good.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Cooper has 3 in different sizes and loves them. He's had them all since he was really little. He'll work on one for a few days and then leave it and come back to it a few weeks later. He has been seriously gnawing on the bigger one the past 3 days and it's now half the size it was and smelling pretty bad! That one will be going in the bin soon. Since reading about maggots I always check all his toys for crawlies or tears. The company who does the stag bars also does bull horns and I bought one of those for Cooper for Christmas!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts