Labradors Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From an email I received. Thought some of you lot might be interested.

I'm working at the BBC and I'm currently casting a brand new gameshow called Sport Relief Goes Walkies. The concept of the show is for dogs to compete as a duo with their owner/handler against other doggie duos in a fun and upbeat competition. They will compete in a range of doggie games such as agility, retrieval, obedience, flyball and swimming all set in an amazing studio environment.

Dogs that compete will only be assigned games which are tailored to their skillset, i.e a dog trained in obedience will play an obedience game and a dog experienced in flyball will compete in a flyball game.

The reason I wanted to email you is because we are really keen to circulate this to as many dog lovers as possible and I wanted to see if any of your members & customers would be interested in applying?

There are two categories within the game show - 'professional' and 'non-professional'

Professional - we are looking for working dogs "a dog with a job" and their owners/handlers to take part i.e. a dog that is used within a professional capacity for work such as a Sheep dog, Police dog, Military dog, Search and Rescue dog, Gun dog and Assistance dog.

Non-professional - a domestic pet dog that enjoys taking part in activities such as agility, flyball, display teams for fun or competitively.

The series is 15 x 30 minute episodes for BBC2 and filming takes place in January 2014 across one week. It's for a great cause and to raise awareness for Sport Relief so it's designed to be a lot of fun for all those who take part.

For those interested in finding out more, they can visit the BBC link below to download an application or they can contact Davinia on 0208 008 5426.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/beonashow/sport_relief_goes_walkies

Please forward this email onto anybody you feel suitable.

If you need any more details please don't hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you,

Matt Keyte
Sport Relief Goes Walkies

MC5D4, Media Centre, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TQ
[email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts