Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
Our pup is now 8 months old and has developed a very occasional limp on his offside front leg. It only happens when out and its just for literally a couple of steps. He clenches his toes and seems to walk on tip toes, almost like he has a cramp ? Very odd. I'm so paranoid about these things I'm imagining all sorts our older dog had Elbow Displaysia so dreading the same for this one. Both parents were hip and elbow scored and had no issues and we have been very careful with walking, jumping etc no stairs, no jumping out of the car. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas, we do have a vets appointment later today but just wondered if anyone had come across anything similar.
Thank you

·
Administrator
20,474 Posts
It is always the same leg? if it appears to move from leg to leg it could be panosteitis. (growing pains) Otherwise it could be a simple sprain. I know we always think the worst, but more times than not it's not.

John.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We did wonder that but always the same leg. Hopefully it is just a sprain, he does love a fight with his bigger brother which normally involves an arm lock which I'm sure doesn't help !
Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts