Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corbie proved himself a fearless warrior today when I spotted a dark brown spider, about an inch across, on the wall! :shock:

I pointed it out to him and then he tried to get it, but it fell. Corbie then chased me, and I was running away from him in case the spider had fallen on him as he's a dark brown dog I couldn't see if it had or not! :lol:

I'm so scared of spiders, but at least my boy will protect me!! :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
well done, if I see a spider I run a mile and get my husband, next one murphy can get it or I will train him

·
Registered
498 Posts
We found a large spider on the kitchen floor one day near Brady's dishes. He obviously thought it was "moving food" because he hoovered in up straight away! He did spit it back out, but sadly it was too late for the poor spider, and it ended up in the bin :lol:

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping Corbie had done that, but he missed it as it fell behind some boxes. I put on a brave face, got out the Dyson and carefully moved the boxes (trying not to make myself jump when I found it :lol: ) and found it lurking - it quickly got hoovered up I can tell you!!

Still, I'm glad I have the lab on hand in case he's ever needed to rescue me! :lol: My other half just puts them outside which I tell him off for as they'll just come in again! :shock:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Talking of things crawling ... Harvey encountered his first crab on the beach this week. Quite a large one which, at first, I thought was dead. However, before I could check it out Harvey had it in his mouth, or more accurately, hanging out of his mouth as it grabbed his lip with its claw! .. not so dead as I thought! .. gave Harv a surprise! ... just wish I had the camera! :lol:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Molly discovered a couple of frogs in the garden last night.
She really didn't know what to make of them!..

I was worried she was going to eat one.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
our barney thought it would be a good idea to bring a present for us from the garden. we wernt sure what it was at first as he was just finishing chewing on this black slimey thing :shock: we managed to get some of it out of his mouth which was really disgusting 8O later we found a empty snail shell on the patio, how he got it out without smashing its shell is a mystery :? he was sick not long after that and he hasnt bothered any more snails since :D although he will pick up anything he can when out for a walk, i knew labs were good hoovers but im thinking changing barneys name to dyson :lol:

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for that link - will be keeping a close eye on Mr C when he's out and about vaccuming the garden, especially when there's lots of slugs and snails about in the summer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts