Labradors Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning to have Lola spayed at 6 months as i have my other bitches done at this age with no problems. As my mum has the same aged boxer bitch we were going to get them spayed at the same time so they were both out of action for the same time.
Well my mums pup has a vaginal discharge that won't get better till after her first season so been told by vet that they won't operate till after the first season so i have decided to wait too till they have both had there first season.
My problem is i have never had a bitch come into season before and don't know what to expect and slightly worried as all my neigbours dogs are entire males and i'm slightly worried!
So what should i know and do?

thanks

Danielle and Lola

G

·
Di wrote a good piece about Seasons here......

http://www.labradorforums.co.uk/ftopict-55330.html

As regards your next door neighbours dogs, have you a good high fence between the two gardens? If not then I wouldn't let your girl out in your garden unattended while in season.

Their dogs may howl, whine, dig, etc (I know my girls used to drive the neighbour's dog crazy) but as long as they can't get to your girl, there is little else you can do and everyone will have to ride the storm.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I'd also let your neighbours know when your girl hits 6-7 months just to warn them that she'll be having a season within the next 6 (ish) months and they'll need to expect their dogs going a bit mad for a week or so!

If your fences aren't high, then you're going to have to be very careful and either keep your girl in, or take her out to the toilet on a lead. The link to the thread written by Di is an excellent resource :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts