Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, you cleaver LF people :D One of my 'puppy' owners have decided to take the jump and breed her bitch. The bitch is a litter sister to handsome boy Baci and Chili and she's had her hips done and her BVA-eye cert. I've talked to her about doing the optigen but she's decided against it and will go for a 'clear' stud dog - there is a 50% statistic chance that the bitch could be a 'carrier'.

She's pretty close to London so anywhere like Sussex, M25 or even just South. I've already given her Graham Robert's contact details which I think would be a good choice but are there any others worth looking at in the South East?

Suggestions, please :)

Natasha

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do agree that Gilly has some super dogs but since this lady has decided not to DNA test, she needs a stud that has had the optigen done and looking at Gilly's website, I can't see if she's had her dogs tested? Maybe I should just give her a ring :)

Natasha

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
All Gillys current stud dogs are Optigen tested and all should be on the KC lists are all have been done in the last couple of years. Scally (Bedgebrook Excaliber) is Clear just mentioning him as he has already been mentioned. They are all also CNM Clear tested. A call to her would definately be well recieved i'm sure to run through her lads.

I have nagged her about updating the website! She is in the process!

Diana Harrison at Hatchfield Gundogs is also a good bet. She will need calling as she does not have a website. Again happy to email you her telephone number and email if you would like. Again she Optigen tests all her studs and I believe again, they are all Clear.

Good luck in your hunt. Graham, Gilly and Diana really would lead the way in superb Optigen tested working sires in the south east although of course there are one or two smaller kennels around with Clear tested dogs too down here.

Di

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Di 8) that's super! they're all good choices - I may even end up with a pup myself 8O 8O Doohhh :x where will I put it? :lol: :lol:

Di, please email/pm Diana Harrison's phone number and email and I'll forward them to the lady in question!!

Natasha

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Just thought I would add that Gilly really should update her website. I had a long telephone conversation yesterday with someone who was interested in her dogs and thought they were not DNA tested.

I told them to telephone her as I was sure it was just that the website had not yet been updated. Give her an extra nudge Di :wink: .

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
I will Jill, poor woman doesn't have enough hours in the day and its not a 'change your own' website unfortunately.
Di

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Not wishing to blow my own trumpet but my Ash is from Graham Robert's lines (Grandfather was Soames) and is Optigen clear, CNM clear, hips 5:5, elbows 0:0, current BVA cert. He is a super picking up dog. I also have father Fife and half brother Oak - not available at stud yet but available to view and cuddle!

We are not in the competitve bracket of the excellent names mentioned earlier in the thread, but if your friend wants a nice working dog with superb temperament and clear tests then I would be very happy to chat to her. We are 5 minutes away from Graham!

Hope you don't mind me posting this.

Katy

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Ettinsmoor said:
Just thought I would add that Gilly really should update her website. I had a long telephone conversation yesterday with someone who was interested in her dogs and thought they were not DNA tested.

I told them to telephone her as I was sure it was just that the website had not yet been updated. Give her an extra nudge Di :wink: .
She should - the KC database shows the abovementioned dog as tested clear in Jan 2007

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Thanks Natasha - I will do so when I get home from work this evening

I did a post on the family tree section on here a while ago - I don't know how to do the link but here goes - http://www.labradorforums.co.uk/ftopic-61624-0-days0-orderasc-.html
Did that work?

Anyway I will email you this evening if not. Now I MUST do some work!!

Thanks

Katy

PS Yes! It worked! Ash's Mum is from the west country - all local picking up dogs apparently. She picks up too - a couple of times a week. She lives locally so could be seen if required, along with Ash's litter sister. The lady who bred Ash would be interested in a puppy from any litter Ash sires, she said recently.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
If your friend wanted to do a little bit of line (ish) breeding, this chap is well worth a look.

Think he would go very nicely on that bitch

http://www.ranalaghgundogs.co.uk/dogs.html

I was very close to using him on one of my bitches, but then I found a Feargal dog with a better tie in on the bitch line. Not that there is anything wrong with Robbies bitch line, in fact it's very, very nice indeed.

Andrew

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
I know Robbie and his owner Lindsay well, have watched him train and work a number of times and he is a cracking dog!
Di

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
EvelynH said:
and does anybody know a working bred dog, hd and ed scored....
without a lot of remus???

lg evelyn
What do you consider as 'a lot'? My own Baci (Contender Cassanova) has Remus only once and that's in the 5th generation and he's hip and elbow scored: (the pedigree as 'proof')

http://www.contendergundogs.co.uk/pedbaci.pdf

He's most certainly not the only one and for many dogs Remus is now so far back in the pedigree that he's been 'bred' out :wink:

Natasha

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
my little has him twice allready...
and all dogs i like, as well...
i am not really sure what to do...
breeding a pedigree with 4 or 5 times remus???
what can I do at the next generation.
do i breed "myself" out???

·
Registered
24 Posts
Evelyn. I would look for dogs after Aughacasla Sam or Dargdaffin Dynamo, for example. I am sure you will find a suitable one, even if a little bit Remus behind.

Why not look Carolhill Quistador (France) or Whillanbeck Tinker (DK). Quistador has Remus once in 5. generation and Tinker has none.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts