Labradors Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor Sophie's week is not getting any better following her attack on Monday.

Today we set off on our usual walk which begins with fields and finishes in the woods. I noticed lots of caravans and tents but thought nothing of it. Once committed to walking the field I realised we had wandered into a dog show.

Dogs everywhere, Sophie was frantic and not liking it at all, I had no choice but to walk right through it all to get out at the other side!

Then we went to my mums and the oor little girl got seriously scratched in the face by my Mums cat. He caught her inside her nostils and she bled quite a lot. Her little face is covered in blood where he has caught her with his claws.

Poor little girl, here's to a better week next week!

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Oh poor Sophie, hope the scratches from the cat heal quickly, they must be really sore ~~~~~~~~Healing Vibes~~~~~~~~~~ for her

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
I didn't know Sophie had been attacked on Monday, poor girl, what happened? :(

Well as they say bad luck comes in threes, so she has had her three now and now next week should be heaps better. Poor thing, I hope the attack hasn't upset all the good work you have been doing with her too much.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sophie she got attacked by a big GSD when she was on her lead, it was a bit scary for both of us as the owner couldn't call her off. No physical harm done but it has set us back a bit I think and running the gauntlet through the dog show today wasn't my cleverest of moments!

She'll be ok I think, we just need to go back to basics a bit, again!

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Poor Sophie, heres to a better week next week

Mind you I have to say you did well to keep going through the dog show - and from what you say (or didn't say...) managed to make it through without incident, which really has to be good news, even if Sophie wasn;t that comfortable....

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It wasn't entirely without incident Eve, she was barking, lunging and straining like mad and we got a few stares :oops:

Thankfully all of the dogs there were perfectly behaved and none of them gave the opportunity to snap at them.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
What a shame that GSD attacked her :( So sorry to hear that and how awful the owner couldn't call it off :evil: If it is that much of a problem it shouldn't be running around or at least muzzled.

Poor Sophie, people make me so cross when they allowed their dogs to do these sorts of things and set your poor girl back! But I am sure you can work her through this.

{{{Hugs to Sophie}}}

1 - 8 of 8 Posts