Labradors Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a last minute thing. She is coming out here for the anniversary of her sisters death. She was let down by the person who was going to put her up. She is in her late 60s, and not used to dogs. Let alone a very large over excitable Sultan. She arrives on thursday, and will be staying a week.

I will pre warn her that when she walks in to the house not to take any notice of him. Turn her back to him, ect.

I just know he is going to be a nightmare. I am really not looking forward to this week. But felt, what else could i do when i worked with her sister for the past 5 years.

Any advise on how i can keep him calm. (Valium, maybe :lol: :lol: :lol: Only joking).

Well, i have spent the last 2 days, trying to make my home a dog hair free zone. All dog marked walls, have been washed. Just bath Sultan, (So now he will shed yet more hair :roll: ). But at least he smells nice. Bought new bedding for my bed, Plus Fresh air spays everywhere.

All i can do now, is wait and see, Drink a bottle of wine. (Then i won/t care what she thinks of my house, or Sultan, or me for that matter :wink: :wink: ).

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Just try not to get worried. He'll pick up on any vibes you are throwing off, so be preperpared but calm. Easier said than done I know, but Wicca is a big scaredy so this is something I have to do a lot when I know someone is comming. Hopefully if you are chilled he will be too and understand that this lady is maybe not one to try and jump all over! :lol: Good luck!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hope the stay goes well.

Sophie can be a nightmare with strangers in the house but with some people she is a total darling.

You definitely have the right way of thinking about prewarning not to take any notice AND avoid eye contact. Just let Sultan go to your guest and not the other way around.

We have our 83 year old aunty over some weekends and Sophie adores her. If my 40 year old brother comes though, she barks like mad!

Good luck and try not to feel too stressed yourself before hand. :)

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thought you would like to see the size he is now. A before, and now. What happen to my pup.

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
LOL Julia, I thought they were, that or your extremely strong to be holding him in your arms now :lol:

As for the lady coming to visit, dogs seem to sense when people aren`t used to them and when they are elderly, hopefully Sultan will be a good boy and not leap all over her :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts