Labradors Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Willow's recall has gone out of the window recently (she is 9 months old, an angel at home, a stinker off the lead) so she is back on a long line until she learns to behave herself :twisted:

Here is a link to a video of todays training at the park.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152256800539525

And some photos

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Thanks Claire, I love watching the training videos. Willow is very cute and she was very well behaved. I liked the song as well. :0)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And some more pictures of other recent walks...

Thinking about overcoming her fear of water...

She did it!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She is a real credit to her Dad, she is bright as a button, really keen to work, it is like she is programmed to "learn" but she also has such a gentle nature, she loves everyone and everything she meets (even if they don't 'always love her back!)
I took her to costa on Sunday and she just lay down in the sun and watched the world go by and munching on a rawhide. A lady came over with her child and asked if he could stroke Willow, before I could answer he knelt down and softly said "drop you bone doggy" and straight away she dropped her rawhide and licked him on the hand. The tail started wagging like mad, she layed there calmly while he stroked her, rubbed her belly etc (tail going like a helicopter)

Next doors cat wanders in the garden and she just sniffs him, she playbows at hedgehogs and even tried to make friends with a horse once!

I am sure she will fill out eventually, but I quite like her being all lanky! She is one of those dogs that if you up her food, she doesnt gain weight... She just gains energy and finds more ways to burn off the calories.

She has a long way to go with her training... but to me... she is PERFECT!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cay said:
your doing amazing with her she a real credit to you ...love the muddy paws so cute ...lovely park you go to too
Thank you :)

We are really lucky with the park, it is at the end of our road (about 5 houses away!) We have another 4 really good parks within a 5/10 min drive too :)

·
Administrator
20,493 Posts
She's doing very well Claire! As something for you to work on, stop throwing your arm out when doing an about turn, (3 mins 55 seconds in) you are driving her wide. If you need anything tap your thigh or clap your hand to get her attention, but try to stop even that as soon as possible. My old Obedience mentor used to tell me to hold the front of my shirt with my left hand and don't let go for anything! The second thing is, DONT STEP INTO YOUR DOG when stopping! (Watch the sit at 46 second in and you'll see exactly what I mean.)

These little points will help so much in providing consistency in your handling.

John :D

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
You will have to meet her dad one day Claire to see how all that "boing" can be controlled and used to your advantage ;)

As I said to you on facebook if you give her one inch she will take a foot. Your trainers need to be telling you the second she is out of position so that you can correct things immediately and not praise her being in the wrong place.

Keep up the good work. You are doing really well with her :D .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts