Labradors Forums banner

Some people!!

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Trina 
I love being able to take Penny somewhere where I can let her off her lead. Unfortunately she suffers, very badly, from selective deafness. If something attracts her attention I can yell and scream until I'm blue in the face and it makes no difference she will not come back. I really envy you CharlieBrewer and others like you who have the confidence to let their dogs off the lead no matter what distractions are around.

Penny walks well on her lead now and I quite often take her out on her extending lead so she can have a little bit of freedom. We take her to training classes also but recall is still and I fear always will be her great weakness.

Can't understand the other woman accusing your dogs of being out of control. They sound absolutely terrific. Could she have been jealous (just like me) that your guys can be trusted off lead? Just a thought. However I know some people are so precious about their pets. When Penny's jumping about all excited wanting to play they look at me as if I'm mad. I love meeting people who like their dogs to have a play. If they're good at coming back I can risk letting Penny off to have a play with them, because she'll follow them.

Any tips abouts increasing the reliability of Penny's recall would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Trina

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.