Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya i picked my new lab puppy up a few days ago i was told she was 19 weeks old but im very curious she is tiny and only weighs 8.4kg she has just started getting her adult teeth at the front the front top and bottom 2 i have been back in contact with the breeder and she says yes she is 19week old but my thinking is if she is that old she is dramaticly underweight but she isnt she has plenty of extra puppy skin please help thanks

·
Registered
674 Posts
That does sound light. Chewy was 8 weeks old when we had her and weighed 6.5 kg. She then grew very rapidly and put on weight very fast!

Have you taken her to the vets for her jabs / chip / check up? What have they said? It would be helpful if you could post a pic of your little one?

?

·
0 Posts
They start losing their teeth at about 16 weeks old, so she could be about the right age.

Are you certain she is ALL Labrador, as that is rather light for a pup of that age, but if she is crossed with a smaller breed, then she might not be underweight/particularly small for her age?

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
That does sound to be on the light side but so much depends on what her parents are like. Is she from show or working lines?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts