Labradors Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a soft crate when travelling, we have just been away for the weekend in a caravan and didn't take Holly's big crate and she was a nightmare overnight, wouldn't settle and jumping on the beds and generally causing sleepless nights. I have just seen these on e-bay and wondered if it might be any good.

G

·
I used my soft crate for Rouble an awful lot. Used it when we went camping last year and he loves it. Infact he loves it so much that last night he wasn't for sleeping in his metal crate so I put his soft one up and he shot straight in :lol:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
i use two for overnight stops when i want dogs to stay indoors

absolutely brill providing your dog doesnt try and dig out and so much easier than lugging metal cages about

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
I was looking for one for the car and found one on ebay and payed £23.00 for it and a 32" one at that. I will see how the dogs do in it and then think about investing in a slightly better one. :)

Good luck in your search there are plenty of sites on the internet that do them fairly cheap :? I would not buy one from the shops

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
We've only ever used soft crates for Lottie.She loves them but hates metal ones. We're also very lucky that she has never chewed anything at all let alone her crate!
Again we bought off Ebay.One was about £35 on a buy it now but I managed to get a slightly smaller one for the car at auction for £15!! What a bargain :)

Barbara

·
Registered
318 Posts
We have one that we used for the car (32" from ebay - £12 :D ) until we managed to get a custom fitted metal crate (also from ebay :D ).

Poppy was fine in the soft crate and although we are not using itnow, it was brilliant to give to mum last week when she had Poppy and she put it in the back of the car. It will also get used if and when we go on holiday :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts