Labradors Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Not sure they'd last long here! Sorry no advice from me, but I am sure someone will be along soon who has experience of them.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Colette - are you looking for one for Open shows or on the benches at CH Shows?

Mine have been through a myriad of different types of soft crates without too much longevity - however, we now have a new style one, very easy to assemble and easily as sturdy as a metal crate - it even has a neat little covered storage area on the top, which comes in very useful :wink:

I don't know the make - and it is in the car atm - but will have a scout around and see if I can find one online (I picked mine up at a show :D)

if you are looking for the benches at CH Shows then Croft have developed some really neat benching guards which IMO are much safer than a soft crate - having seen one of those come off the bench complete with dog on more than one occasion, it is not nice :( and scary for dog, owner and onlookers alike. :(

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am wanting one for the car and if it works well for the dogs in the car then will be using it at shows aswell.

We picked up the new car on Wednesday, the same day that Riva was at the vet and on this ocassion used a metal crate to put her in. but by the time we got home there was signs of hair being everywhere. So am hoping that going for a soft one that all the hairs will be confined to the inside of the crate which will make my life easier, so please keep the ideas coming.

Also any ideas for a bumper mat or cover as the dogs slip going in or out :? :)

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Mine have eaten both of ours so we bought another wire crate - a cheapie from Argos for the sole purpose of caravan trips, which was the purpose of the original soft crates. Less heavy than their crate at home.

We just bought a bootliner and boot bumper cover from a company called 'the original hatchbag'. You could google it - it's been really fab!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mine is a blue Petgear crate 36 inch which we've had for a couple of years and is still like new. (What a nice Lab I have!!)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
if your dog is DEFINITELY not going to battle its way out of it, worth getting a good one - CROFT

i've got one from there and a cheaper one - but only use them in overnight b & b's/hotels.............. certainly wouldn't leave any dog in one unattended - and with all cages, i take the dog's collar off when they go in them

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!! for all the help, but still have not made a descision yet, so many companies to browse :roll:

Does anyone know what the splendidpets soft ones are like

1 - 10 of 10 Posts