Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I though id share some of Diesels naughty moments.
Does anyone else have a mischievous Lab like mine?
I would love to see pics or read stories

He locked himself in the kitchen and found his own special way of getting out :roll:

I don't think he liked our blind's :roll:

G

·
I used to have blinds that looked JUST like that. Little 8 week old ruby used to jump, grab and swing from them untill they tore.

I had to take them down in the end as A she was going to end up killing herself. B they were ruined!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
No photos that I can think of but stories...

He's spread the nice round heather bushes out so they are now flat!, he used to like sitting in them.

There is a picket fence at the top of our garden blocking of the top patio and very climbable hedge, last night he jumped the fence and scaled the hedge because there was a nectarine on it.

If anyone leaves an apple on the arm of the chair he steals it and plays with it like a ball.

He used to like pulling the underlay stuff out from under the gravel in the garden.

He ate the (poisonous) honey suckle the other day, thankfully he threw it all up again and the effects were minimal.

He has many mischievous little traits like stealing the coasters off the coffee table, and sitting on the sofa at least once a day just in case we've changed our minds about the rules

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Pen and Mils escaped so many times when they were pups.

One day I had a call in work from a friend whose Dad (strangely enough now my next door neighbour, my nice neighbour) lived round the corner.

He had been walking his choc lab, found them and they followed him home!

Mortified, I dashed off to pick them up, full of apologies. They were fine but his fish weren't, they'd had a lovely time playing in his pond the entire time they were there!

Oh caught them once, one had the car keys to his prized TVR in their mouth (he only had one set!), the other was digging a hole ready to bury them! Had I not been away on business at the time I would have gotten the blame for moving them.

Oh and we've still never found the cordless phone or the van keys that went missing!

G

·
8O 8O 8O 8O

This thread makes me feel rather lucky... Alfie or Billy for that matter have never chewed or distroyed anything 8O Apart from a plastic football that belonged to a young lad, alfie wanted to join in the fun but ended up popping it :?

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
PMSL at those blinds...I really cannot believe that! :)

My little angel never did anything. How lucky am I? Oh I nearly forgot she just chewed the end of my mobile charger when OH was in charge and was too busy on the computer,ignoring her! Not Lottie's fault.

So funny these stories :D

·
Registered
964 Posts
Ours aren't too destructive so no photos...

Inja does nick everything though, she's already been to vets for chocolate overdose and grape poisoning... Last week she licked out a whole butter pat from the butter dish and had half a packet of liquorice.

Last week we were at our posh neighbour's house and within 2 mins Inja had jumped in the ornamental pond and Tombi had chewed a hole in their neatly manicured garden (luckily they have a lab too so understood these things happen!)

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Hmm well Jana and Cori have so far only destroyed the carpet underlay in my bottom hall :x

Now Roly and Twix (but I know it was Roly :roll: ) was another matter, ate part of my kitchen wall, chewed the leg of the kitchen table until it collapsed, chewed the kitchen lino to pieces, chewed the cable off the toaster etc etc, she was a bleedy nightmare but I still miss and love her :D :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
In just the last few days Solly has:-.......just highlights.!!.......

stolen one of the fried eggs off my sons dinner plate when his back was turned for 2 seconds :eek: :eek:

pulled the paper ( wet and used!!) from under the cat litter shredded it everywhere ......pullled litter..... everywhere!!!! 8O 8O and ate some 8O

Got a very important certificate I had taken out of it's frame to photocopy
and ripped it in pieces :cry: :cry:

Had the runs......worried until saw it consisted almost entirely of plum stones :? :?

deconstructed ...a mouse mat.......a cat scratch post............the post (a credit card bill :) )........the contents of my waste paper basket thought he couldn't reach!!....and discovered how to open the kitchen bin...uh oh :eek: :eek:
bless him :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
OMG LMao at those blinds.

Alfie so far has opnly eaten a tiny bit of wallpaper....lol

Madison ate my house, she dug herself a door through my kitchen eal so she could get into the livingroom, she ate my lino and then dug ou the kitchen floor and was sat in the middle of the crime scene when i came home. She ate my skirting boards in the living, gouged a hole in my bedroom wall, can;t remember who many cable's she chewed through... :roll:
And my garden has never recovered from her, its full of potholes and now that Alfie has deciced to dig...he;s finding all sorts of stuff that i thought i had just lost...spatula, collander, some kids toys...lol.
And i miss her so much..

thank the lord for crates...my house might just survive this pup....

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its always good to know im not the only one with a naughty angel :wink:

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
It wasn't me gov, honest....

See the rug in the foreground, that had been Bracken'd too and has since bitten the dust. See the door in the background, that used to have a door mat, but it was Bracken'd and then binned. Have a new one now that is sporting nibbled edges and a hole in the middle. Needs binned too

This wasn't me either, gov, definitely not!

Think I've gotten off lightly in comparison to some of the tales above! Amen to crates :wink:

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
One of many things in my house to get destroyed was my bedroom chair, it was only 3 weeks old when it was "Alfied"

Lorna

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Neither of mine have been destructive....but the award of the most mischievious lab just has to go to Neo.....

Neo and Training are two words that equal chaos!

We went to do a silver KCGC course - first week, when it was all new - did everything pretty much spot on (apart from the walking past other dogs thing...), second week - been there done that BORING!! So he mucked about - refused to do all his stays, recall - nope I'll just wander off and see whos over there...

Total nightmare, I got soooo frustrated with him as I knew he could do these things....in fact it was causing me so much frustration that I nearly gave up....

Came to the test - he did Bronze and Silver together - and walked the pair - in fact Neo was one of two dogs to pass the silver out of 15 or 20 I can;t remember now which....

Went to a more local club - well lets just say the trainer hates Neo..

When we started going there was a minature schnauzer - Neo decides to go and introduce himself...The dog, who was calledStanley - starts barking and won;t stop - owner stands there dangling the lead helplessly saying "Now Stanley" - and glaring at me....

Neo takes this on board, and from that moment on Stanley was his victim - each week Neo would shove his nose at Stanley and start him barking, each week the owner would fail to do anything about it and the trainer would have to intervene whilst Neo split his sides laughing (you only needed to look at him to know he thought this was hilarious!) In the end Neo had Stanley so well trained that no matter where they were in the hall all Neo had to do was slightly move his nose towards Stanley to set him off barking....

Stanley doesn;t go anymore :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Then we had the sendaway issue....

Silly bit of mat at the end of the hall in front of the stage... send Neo to touch it - twice and twice its done perfectly, on the third time trainer says "Now down him" and Neo grins....

Send him off, and instead of trotting nicely he gallops, with a leap that would not have disgraced Red Rum he leaps over the mat onto the stage where he proceeds to do a victory dance...

Second attempt - as before, but this time he thinks he will go into the store cupboard and get a few toys out for him and his mates to play with....

By this time, the class is helpless, I am torn between helplessness and embarrassment and the trainer has gone red he is so angry....
Funnily enough we didn;t get asked to try again....

Next week, same exercise, trainer clearly had been thinking about this - and we all have to put our mats in the middle of the room - NOWHERE near THAT stage!!! Everybody who was there the previous week tittered...

Does this deter Neo? No!!! This week he goes to the mat the first time - the second time he nipped over the mat and proceeded to weave in and out of the other dogs....

And there are hundreds of other tales about Neo and dog training.... he regards this as a battle between the trainer and his sense of humour...

He's better at gundog training as he really enjoys that and I think he finds it more challenging, but the first time we went we were in the "remedial" class - oh boy! Did he know his name? Nope, never heard it before in his lfe! He refused to sit, to walk to heel, to recall - anything...until the dummies came out and he wasn;t allowed a retrieve - I think the trainer thought he'd been so badly trained there was no point :oops: :oops: Neo, I think, saw it as a punishment that the one thing he loved he wasn;t allowed to do - from then on, he has paid wonderful attention at the classes and its been sooooo rewarding and enjoyable for me.....

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry Lorna i know i shouldnt say this but thats the funniest thing ive seen! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
CJ`s done a fair bit in the two houses I rented before buying this one, in the first he tool all the beading for the laminate floor up in the living room :? , in the second he pulled some of the paper off the wall in the living room and chewed a hole in the kitchen one, this was all while I was in the house!, he was so quiet doing it I didn`t realise.

In the 2nd house the yard wall was covered in concret, it was splitting in places but was pretty solid, this is him after his pretty good attempt at demolishing it :lol:

Note the "I haven`t got a clue how it happened mum, wasn`t me" :lol:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wow after seeing the photo of those blinds I realise Riley is not too bad.
He chews our net curtain (can't get rid of it as its a very big window and neighbours would see straight in!) and he always chews the door mats. We are forever finding a doormat in his bed!! Maybe he wants to wipe his feet before he goes in to his bed!!!

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
well after looking at this lot i have decided zak is perfect after all, he doesnt chew anything he shouldnt, i can safely leave shoes, bags, remotes, phones, purses, in fact anything and he wont touch them, now doing as he is told when he wants to play or sniff is another matter so not 100% perfect just 99% :wink: :wink:

sheila and 99% zak

1 - 20 of 26 Posts