Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. So I am now a proud owner of a lovely labrador.. i got him shortly after halloween. hes now about 6 months old and such a lovely dog. rarely chews and jumps. He loves his walks and can walk good on the lead with it attached to my wheelchair. For a labrador hes quite submissive and calm which im really happy and surprised about. I will attach loads of pictures so you can see him from pretty much all angles lol. anyway im a newbie so ask anything u want to know about my dog. i should also note these pictures are not added in age order... i.e from youngest to oldest.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Looks a lovely pup

I've only ever met one other labrador owner who wasn't proud or sound as a pound (proper wrong un he was)
Welcome to you and you dog who really looks a little blinder!!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
We can never have too many photographs of our dogs! He looks wonderful. I have a very laid back lab too, apart from when she's playing with Dave-the-dog ( a dark yellow lab and her bestest friend in the world!)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
more pictures

il post more pics up soon here is one taken other day. it was so funny. he goes round to my sisters window every morning like that. hides enough that he thinks hes invisible and plays hide and seek with her. oh and im a wheelchair user

Attachments

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Classic!

Ears up and thinking they can fox us is a classic lab pose for me!!!

Are you going to be training him as an assistance dog as well as the pleasure of being a great companion? If so wish you all the best, they are clever little bleeders!!!

Said it before and I'll say it again -- he's a lovely little fella

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol no i wouldn't have the first clue about training him to be an assistance dog but id love it if i you could point me in right direction for that kind of thing as i think with the right training he could be the perfect companion for me.. .right now im just training him to have good manners in things like eating (he won't touch his food unless i tell him too) walking without pulling and sitting before i let him in the house and also letting me in first. same with going outside as well. all any any pointers would be greatly appreciated... oh and have another picture. this one is my favourite because he's so friendly, it shows you how friendly he is. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh and ive also discovered he just loves playing with other dogs lol.. hes a little shy round dogs at first but he eventually comes out of his shell. He seems very submissive in my opinion. his whole body language round other dogs looks that way. so funny watching him play though. i have a question. judging on what you all have seen so far do you think hes going to be a big labrador or just normal size? as everyone ive talked to says he is going to be very big!

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
He looks a right little corker. :D

I think some labs are made to be assistance dogs. My lulu just loves picking stuff up. Shoes, clothes anything really!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
To me he looks like he'll be a decent size -- always told to look at the paws!

Key thing would be to watch his diet as I reckon he'll be a leggy lad so big in stature, not in gut size, as long as fed right.
He's certainly got all the lab traits of affection and love by the looks of things.

I'd do a training search local to where you live in terms of trainers.
You'd not have to go the whole hog but I'm sure he'd have his uses.

My missus has trained Judy to take the washing off the rack and bring it to here. Unfortunately she's not yet mastered training a lab to stick it in the machine, add soap and select the right programme!!!!

keep up the good work with the lad

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol my lab is already brilliant at taking clothes off the line... my mum doesnt find it so funny though lol... aww hes so affectionate and hes already caught on not to jump up on me while i get out of the car... he just comes round and sits there waiting for me to come out of car with wheelchair. only took twice of me getting in and out to train him to sit and not move while i get out. i always reward him with big praises and pats on the head and a little game of fetch. but i dont always reward it because don't want him to expect to get praised every time he does it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts