Labradors Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my chocolate lab for one week and he is good as gold. He is 9 months old but the main problem we have is when we take him out for a walk on or off the lead he wants to sniff at peoples private parts. This is very embarassing and does anyone know how to stop it

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
:lol: although embarrassing for us its normal behaviour for dogs, their world revolves around smell & scent, so whereas we would shake hands and talk to someone to get to know them our dogs sniff and smell, crotches, hands, faces, feet etc.

Teaching the leave command can help and also when greeting people getting your dog to sit when approached.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
My sisters lab has recently started this as well but thankfully its only been family members.... the leave command is a work in progress....lol

·
Registered
526 Posts
My parteners drug dog also a chocolate lab tends to do that but the most embarrassing thing he has done is bounce his nose off a rather large ladies breasts! once he found that they moved he kept going back for another go very embarassing lol :oops:

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Jac the Rotty does it to comuters on the tube and leaves a large amount of dribble behind. Told the son to tell him 'leave' which he would if told but son has a sick sense of humour - don't know where he gets it from!
Sherry

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I makes me laugh to think this chap is going to get off tube with a big wet patch on the front of his trousers.
The dog loves to cuddle women and pushes his head up the boobs and makes them move. Son calls it his 'ferrets in a sack trick.......'
sherry

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
The other thing he does is what we call a 'blurp' He burps up whatever he has eaten, he has a munch in the cat litter tray or at sheep poo in the park, then blurps over a comuter so they have wet patch with a slimey blurp as well!
sherry

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I have a friend who is rather well endowed in the boobs dept. When Bracken was a tiny pup and still at the nipping anything that moves (can you see where this is going?) stage... my stupid friend was running about with her in the garden and winding her up. She bent over to tickle pup, and as she bent over, pup jumped up and bit her fair and square in the boob. She later went back and had a go at the other one. Friend screamed in pain. Nosey neighbour came out to see what had happened.... I darted inside and left friend with face like beetroot explaining to him :lol: :lol:

But worst is still to come. She later went home and ended up falling out with her partner.... he copped one look at her boobs and jumped to entirely the wrong the conclusion..... and when she said 'no really, it WAS Mo's puppy' he was decidedly sceptical!!!

Heeheeheeee :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
Well, just to warn anyone going to the Gundog Charity event next weekend, Indie is a bit of a 'gooser'. Although the aim might be to retreive a tennis ball/dummy, as far as she's concerned, goosing people en-route is a bonus 8O :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
One day Jac and son on tube and on came a very attractive woman with short skirt and son was delighted when she sat opposite him, he whispered to Jac 'get them ferrets' which meant make em wobble. Jac went over and looked and came back to son with a crinkled brow. All was revealed when 'woman' sat like a man with legs apart, short shirt and a packed lunch up there.
I laugh so much when I think of that story.
Serves son right for teaching the ferret trick.
sherry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts