Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Now we all know our lovable Labs are clever, smart and outstandingly beautiful but are they sneaky too?

One of Tilly's favourite tricks is to wait until I am on the PC and then steal something, anything, she doesn't care as long as it is something she knows, I know , she isn't allowed to have !

The smarty pants knows I won't chase her so she taunts me at arms length.

When, and escpecially, if it is my bestest shoe or something potentially harmful I call her to me in a sterner voice.

Enroute to me she always picks up a ball, kong or any toy to hide we she really has lodged in her mouth !

Dead give away is the ball with the ' stolen ' object sticking out over the top or drooping down the sides.... as if I can't see it.

And another thing....... after my baby has relocated most of the garden into the front room, it sits there, been shredded, mess everywhere and she has lost interest...................

.......until I try to pick it all up, it's like a madhouse getting to it before her, she rushes around with her bottom jaw skidding along the floor scooping as much of her prized possesion up that she can....she doesn't want it, just doesn't want me to have it either!

Whether it be tablets they don't want to swallow or stolen prizes they have this ability to have a normal shaped mouth and face..........if I had all those papers, bubble wrap, twigs and stones hiding in my mouth I would look like a hamster !

Anyone else suffering sneaky beaky's?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
lol Rhoni

I can tell when Buster has something in his mouth he shouldn't have by the look on his face,it's almost a cheeky look lol.Though without that look I wouldn't know he was hiding anything half the time!

And...... have you noticed when you put your hand in their mouths it's like Mary Poppins handbag lol How do they manage to store so much stuff in there?

Sometimes I put my hand in Buster's mouth and come out with nothing, only to have to go in there again and rummage around until I find what I'm looking for :lol:

Kev

·
Registered
880 Posts
richey is fairly sneaky, if he steals food he hides the wrapper, that is if he cant eat it! He always hides stuff behind the same sofa so we peer behind it every morning!
Anna

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kev,

Know what you mean about ' the look '

If they really want you to chase them, they put it on, if they REALLY don't wanna hand their prize over they go dead pan ! :wink: :D

lol Yeah they have this ability to flat pack everything against their cheeks or under their tongue etc 8O

LOL Anna, consider your self lucky Richie only hides in one place, I spend my first hour of the morning having to do a full military sweep ! :(

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
If they really want you to chase them, they put it on, if they REALLY don't wanna hand their prize over they go dead pan !
yeah and close their mouths like a clam :lol:

Hide things? Buster doesn't hide anything except himself with whatever he has pinched and he's too big to do that now lol

Kev

·
Registered
880 Posts
eventually, he doesnt do other pup stuff he just waits till we've gone out or gone to bed and steals food!
Anna

·
Registered
880 Posts
its true, no amount of training can stop a dog being a total pickle once in a while, yesterday some friends were placing frisbee on the grass with bare feet, all their flip flops and shoes were piled up on the grass, i come over when theyre juswt recovering from a game and as theyre not throwing the frisbee round think she'll be fine off lead, i didnt see the pile of shoes, vogue does, as far as shes concerned the only thing that gets left on the grass are her toys, yup you guessed it, that meant the shoes were all her toys, she darted off picked up a flip flop and hared off round the field with it, followed by 3 students, despite me telling them not to chase her, eventually we got the flip flop back unharmed but it was quite amusing!
Anna

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL Anna,

I rest my case m'lady ! :D

Part of their infinate charm is their cheeky attitude that never ages

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi all

Smudge is a total Sneaky Beaky! And if I try to chase him to retrieve it (bad move!) he just dances around or waits until I think I have got him into a corner and then darts around me and runs to the other end of the room!

And Kev, I really have to 'dig deep' to find everything that Smudge is hiding in his mouth! It's a real effort now he's getting older to unclamp his chops! He can be a stubborn little beggar (just like his mum there!).

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL Nic......

I don't know if yours are the same but when Tilly is in this mood it usually extends to a mad 5 minutes !

This involves charging through house at mach 10, ears half pricked like a mad woman, bouncing of of sofa's, walls twirling in banshe circles with her bum between all legs up trying to race her head !

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Rhoni

Now that sounds VERY familiar! Just heard a noise upstairs and went up to find the toilet roll all over the landing! My silly fault for leaving the bathroom door open! Oh, and when I went to retrieve the bits from his mouth (eugh!), the cheeky little monkey had a bit hidden in his little cheek!

All the best,
Nic
X

PS. Did wash my hands before typing this!

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL NIc,

Nothing quite like shoving your hand into a non rective hole of slobber is there 8O ....and then have to search and remove.......yuck

Sometimes, if she feels I haven't been giving her my undivided attention she will pick up her 12 " football and unceramoniously dump on my lap. Doesn't matter what was there first ! My tea on a tray, paper, flowers ( I do bridal stuff ) or whatever.

It all gets pinged up into air or all over the floor. By then she sits in fron t of me head cocked with girlie puppy dog eyes...........purgatory......screaming on the inside but won over on the outside :(

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
lol Nic, Buster hides the toilet roll on the roof of his mouth :lol: It's when you have to pick it out of their teeth it gets tiresome lol

Glad you washed your hands btw lol

Kev

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey loo roll is bliss, what about crunched snails and slugs....now they need more than a toothpick ( vomit, vomit 8O )

Any of yours mastered toss in air and catching ?

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL Kev,

Yeah reackon....lol rofl........it's when they miss time the catch and it bounces of their lip, ricoche's of the paw or wall and lands on you it gets real funny :lol:

1 - 20 of 82 Posts