Labradors Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I mean EVERYTHING!

Hi all

Over the last few days we have noticed that Smudge has started his "I've got to nick and try and chew everything" mood.

Every time we let him out into the garden (because he is whining to be let out) he just tries to eat grass/plants/weeds/solar powered lights.

He has also started to try and walk off with anything not nailed down in the house again.

We had this when he was younger, but it seems like he has started all over again!

He is nearly 9 months old.

Any thoughts/comments gratefully received!

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
LOL..

sorry had to laugh rosze has just been shouted at as my husband has just caught her chewing the skirting boards upstairs on the landing now..LOL..and she is 10mths old..lol..

i think there going through there adolesence stage maybe..lol.

hopefully for our house*s sake it will stop very soon..

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Clair

Oh yes, the skirting board is long gone....and has already been repaired once! And he's started on the door frame now! Shame the house is rented....oops! :oops:

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
lol..

well we are still repairng the damage she has done to the downstairs skirting boards..lol..but it is the first tie she has chewed them with us in the house with her..lol.. lst time she waited till we were out..LMAO.. now she is crated..lol..

all we have managed to do is sand them down ready for re-painting..lol. and we still need to put up the wallpaper..lol.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah yes....the wallpaper! Remember that!

Thankfully our landlord didn't let us put up wallpaper! Probably thought "oh well, they have a lab so it won't stay up long enough".

Happy decorating!

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi Nic...

I think Smudge is just trying to walk away with the award for "mischevous lab competition"...he loves it when you are so proud of him :D ..... Now corbie and rosze will have to work harder..i hope dylan is feeling good :D

regards

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Sounds like Smudge has become THE KEVIN 8O :twisted:

No, Vidhya, Corbie will not be competing :lol: :lol: In fact he shocked me 2 days in a row out on his walk... when I said it's time to go back, he just turned round and started off back and did this yesterday too! When I said time to put your lead on, he came walking back to me! Then yesterday he was sniffing and ran up to me and looked and stopped as he knew that was the spot he has his lead put back on and I didn't even have to say a word [fainted in shock] 8O

Shame he's nearly 7 months and soon to be a 'Kevin'!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi karen...( i fainted 2) 8O ....WOW corbie is being a good boy.... I'm Impressed....

What happens in kevin....frodo is 7 months thought documents say 8 :? ...I'm considering him 7 coz when i got him his testicles were not visible... :wink: ...

let me get prepared for this KEVIN stage... does any one have a link....

Jane is Max is Kevin stage...hows his behaviour...????

Thanks

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
I take it back .... I've just gone into the lounge to see that Corbie has chewed the edge of the coffee table with nice teeth marks on the top!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
karen so does this mean corbie is competing for the award.... just feeling a bit low after hearing from another thread ozzy has to be put off to sleep :cry: Life at times don't seem fair...

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi Nic

I was only saying the other day that Smudge was growing up :lol: .Well if it's any consolation Buster is a kleptomaniac too and he's into chewing the vertical blinds just now,they are getting tatty at the ends and he ripped the kitchen floor up the other week. Although the strange thing is that he doesnt chew anything when I leave him :? ,so it goes to show it's not always boredom that makes them chew.

Stick in there Nic we're all in the same boat lol. Shame I don't live nearer I'd have Smudge over in the day for you and he could play with Buster, I might as well go mental altogether lol.

oooooops Karen you spoke to soon lol

Kev

·
Registered
99 Posts
Oh no is this what I have to come? and I thought my mawled and bloody hands and ruined clothes (Lucca's new swing) were bad enough :( I'm sure it will get better one day.... and anyway he probably knows that with that gorgeous face you would forgive him for anything :)
Better go my one has gone very quiet!!!!!!!!

Sarah
x

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kev said:
Stick in there Nic we're all in the same boat lol. Shame I don't live nearer I'd have Smudge over in the day for you and he could play with Buster, I might as well go mental altogether lol.
Aw Kev, you are sweet! lol! Just be careful you don't move closer to Cambridge otherwise there may well be a black lab knocking on your door ;)

Thank you all for your replies - it's always so nice to know that we're not alone - one of the things I am most grateful to the forum for! Smudge has continued in his ways today but is currently sleeping and being worryingly subdued! I bought some work home tonight and as soon as I walked into the house with it, he tried to grab the papers - could I go to my boss tomorrow and say "sorry, but the dog ate my homework"!!!!!

Thanks again all and Smudge sends big hugs to all his labby friends.

All the best,
Nic
X

PS. Sarah - I still bear quite a few 'Smudge Scars' but like to use them to remind me of his puppyhood! Don't worry, you get a few months respite in between! ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts