Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Chris' parents came to visit for a long weekend last weekend and we decided to take Smudge for his first beach visit on Sunday.

To put it mildly, it was WONDERFUL! We drove to our nearest beach, about 70 miles, to Hunstanton, Norfolk. As soon as we let his lordship off his lead, he found the nearest big puddle, which became something of a small pond, bringing about his first doggy paddle! I know I'm biased but he just looked sooooo gorgeous paddling around! The smile did not leave my face as we walked him down to the sea and he paddled around in there too.

The best thing as well was that it was very busy but he moved through the crowds very well and did not jump up at anyone. Also, he went running up to another doggy on the beach and they just greeted each other nicely. That's the first time he's been off lead and met another dog so I was very impressed!

Just wanted to tell you about our day because it's been one of our happiest and is definitely to be repeated VERY soon I hope!

Here is a picture of Smudgey (please excuse the slather!). This is just after he made me drop my chips all over the beach by pulling at someone while I was holding him in one hand and them in the other!

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi Nic,

It sounds a lovely day, he was such a good boy! - I'm so envious, I can't wait to take Harvey to the beach :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
Glad to hear that Smidge enjoyed his day out at the beach. Did he get an ice-cream? :D

Hunstanton is my nearest beach as I live near to Kings Lynn. I took Scooby to Brancaster a couple of weeks ago. There is a little bay there and we walked up and let him off the lead. Luckily there was no-one else there.

I thought he would have headed straight for the sea but he wanted to pick up shells and seaweed! He didn't want to go back to the car but the tide was coming in fast and we didn't want to be stranded!

The only downside is the sand in the car!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Hi nicola....

Thats a lovely pic of Smudge i can see he wants to get back to the deep water..... It sure did sound you guys had great fun.....Lucky you he was well behaved off lead....

Regards

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Nicola,

Smudge loves like he really enjoyed himself :D I forget how lucky I'am having so may lovely beachs so close to be for ben to use.

I see you were also feeding the sea gulls too with there favorite food "CHIPS"..lol

As peter Kay say "with chips take away the C and what do you get"!!!...lol

·
Registered
676 Posts
Gladyou enjoyed your trip - sounds like great fun. And well done to Smudge - whjat a good boy.

We're thinking of a beach trip in a few weeks and will be heading that way. Did you go to main beach area - think we might have to find a quieter area ?? Any suggestions anyone??

Shelley

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys

Thanks for your replies - it really was such a fantastic day!
And yes Paul, he ate as many as he could before I took him away from the scene!

Love Peter Kay Cristina! I certainly know all about the very silent 'C' on Chips! Can't resist 'em though! lol!

Shelley, there were certain parts of the beach there that you can't take dogs onto between May and September but we found a quiet part by the funfair which was lovely and pretty peaceful.

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Nic,

I just wanted to say that is such a lovely photo of Smudge. I'm so pleased you had such a good day out, it's days like that we always remember with our precious labs isn't it.

Hope you have many more days at the beach, and make sure you hold on tight to your chips next time! :lol:

Bye for now,

Julie

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi Nic

[email protected] chips Nic,something always happens :lol: Isn't Smudge growing up?His pic is lovely and he can walk nicely and no jumping :) ,you must have been so proud of him.I like reading about his antics lol and can't wait to meet him in August,oh and you as well of course :)
Kev

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aw.....thanks for your kind words Julie & Kev and again to everyone! I'm so proud of my little lad, so you'll have to excuse my 'giddiness' at times when I post about him! lol!

Looking forward to meeting you all too Kev.....it'll be such a great day in August too - another great memory in our lab lives!

All the best,
Nic
X

1 - 12 of 12 Posts