Labradors Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Following advice from our trainer and some posts I had read here, we are successfully swapping Smudge to James Wellbeloved.

We had been feeding him on Bakers Complete, as that was what his breeder started him on. However, our trainer likened that to feeding him on a diet of Smarties and Sunny D - sounded good to me but then I'm not a puppy or a child!

Well, we started changing his food over the Easter Weekend and we're gradually phasing the Bakers out. I must admit that he does appear to be calming down a bit. He's still a happy little chappy but he's not always so hyper! This may of course be coinciding with his growing up but I can't help wondering if this change of diet is helping. James Wellbeloved might look boring compared to Bakers - but then I don't think Smudge can tell because he gobbles it up so quickly!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi nicola,
like smudge max was on bakers.he was very hyper and always had very soft poos. since changing him to beta he has been a lot calmer and the back end deposits are much firmer. he's now coming up for 8 months so the next bag will be adult food which i will gradually change him to. he seems quite happy with the beta as it doesnt touch the sides when it goes down :lol:

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi Nicola & Jane,

We had ben on pedigree complete which is what the breeder had him on when we got him, but our vet said that is tended to be a very rich food and made dogs put on weight! So while we were at crufts it gave us a good chance to look around all the dog food trade stand and asks lots of questions. With aching feet and feeling knackered we chose Purina Pro Plan it seemed to have everything Ben needed to help him control his weight and help his leg. He is now coming upto 8mths and we are changing him on to the Adult version, I do wish that I had done it sooner but better late than never! :lol:

Cristina

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Hi Nicola

I had a free sample of JWB puppy food so gave that to corbie as his training treats - and of course, it never touched the sides!

Glad to hear Smudge is liking his new food :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts