Labradors Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dudley lost his puppy smell ages ago and didn't particularly smell of anything.
However now he's reached 9 months he smells of - well - dog :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it like when teenage boys reach a certain age and they get that 'teenage boy aroma' (you mums of teenage boys will know just what I mean :wink: ). I very rarely bath either of them but they do swim most days in the river.

Charlie has always been a stinky old dog but now the smell has doubled I can see I need to be buying shares in fabreeze :roll: :roll:

Is this normal??

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
I think its is normal Wendy, no doubt we smell of well humans to them :lol: :lol: , its more noticable now you have the two of them, after a while I think that will pass and it`ll be normal, I know with my pair other people coming into the house can smell them yet I don`t notice it myself, unless of course they`ve rolled in something :roll:

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
Just wait until they become 'ol' man dogs' Wendy! :roll:

I'm sometimes sent reeling in the mornings when I come downstairs and open the dogs' bedroom door, especially thanks to Hartley's odious taste for disgusting 'freebies' he finds on walks and his less-than-perfect guts!

I still love sniffing Zorro's coat though (he has a special hay-smell) and Mouse's fur and paws (popcorn!)

Becs and The Gang

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Aaw bless Dudders, he's all grown now.

I think it's normal, Millie is only six but has a real whiffy 'old dog' smell whereas the others still smell quite sweet in comarison :)

You couldn't say it to a non doggy erson could you as they'd think you were nuts, but, I love the smell of my dogs, one whiff of that fur, combined with a labby cuddle after a bad day makes it all ok again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts