Labradors Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends
I’ve just noticed this mark under Stanley’s chin has gotten a little pinker since I first noticed it last week. Do dogs get moles?
He is fine in himself and it doesn’t seem to bother him when I touch it.
Stanley is 6.5 months.
Should I be concerned? Is it worth a visit to the vet just to be on the safe side or am I being an overprotective mum?
Thanks for your advice as always.
C7CA9B91-5789-423C-9A36-8BEEBE68ACF0.jpeg

·
Premium Member
9,039 Posts
I think I’d probably get it checked out, just to be safe.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Could possibly be a little histiocytoma which is very common in young dogs. They're benign and usually disappear by themselves within a few months.
Good luck with Monday's appointment.

Reactions: Lisa&Stanley

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Morning all,

Alimack was correct I have a spotty teenager! Glad it is nothing to worry about.
The vet also showed me how to clean Stanley’s ears as one was a little dirty so I’ve learnt something new.
Have a good week all!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi friends
I’ve just noticed this mark under Stanley’s chin has gotten a little pinker since I first noticed it last week. Do dogs get moles?
He is fine in himself and it doesn’t seem to bother him when I touch it.
Stanley is 6.5 months.
Should I be concerned? Is it worth a visit to the vet just to be on the safe side or am I being an overprotective mum?
Thanks for your advice as always. View attachment 26835
My 11 month old lab had this recently, looks exactly the same. I kept it clean (cotton wool and cooled boiled water), cleaning every few hours and within 5-6 days it was gone.
Toff.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,039 Posts
Colloidal silver is good, 25ppm, I keep it for all sorts of skin conditions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts