Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, as its (already) the end of the month...

I will be meeting up with some (poss. just 2 (no 'Mabel') this time) of my Netball buddies for our monthly "walk" on Sunday @ 3pm - anyone is free to join us..

(its a bit muddy in places, but not as bad as it has been previously...)

For those who havent been - we walk around Stanton Park for approx. 1 hour, dogs off-lead as its a 'safe' park, with lots of Water (quite muddy (and some smelly)) as Carly has showed me tonight!! - it's off the A361 (Swindon to Highworth Road)

and a certain LF'er is hoping to bring her lovely (GR) Fosteree

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Re: "Small" GT - Stanton Park, Swindon - Sun 30th

CarlyLab said:
and a certain LF'er is hoping to bring her lovely (GR) Fosteree
Tehehehe
That'd be me then!!!!

Yeppers hun, we'll be there with bells on!

Anyone else up for a wander, it's a fab place & the dogs lurve it!

Come on, come and meet Rupert Bear!!!!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If anyone travels far to meet the loverly Rupert, i could be persuaded to offer tea & cake at mine afterwards..... :D

The only tune i have in my head at the moment is.....
Rupert, Rupert the bear, everyone knows your name... Rupert...

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
LOL I had just sent you a PM too Jan! :)

Rupert is loving the sound of tea and cake, just the kind of civilised gentlemanly thing he could see himself getting involved in :)

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Can I just add.... if anyone is going to come and join us on Sunday afternoon, I am looking for donations for the Rupert Car Boot Sale. Donations of any books/junk you have laying about the house which you think I could earn a bob or two from selling at a Car Boot would be gratefully received. Also, I am making tonnes of preserves at the moment to sell at the same Car Boot, but I am running out of jars, so if anyone has any jam jars at home that are clean and re-useable, I would LOVE them please so pretty please can you bring those along too?

Many thanks, and Rupert will thank you all as well!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
wish I could make it to this one Sharon....sadly (or not so sadly since Bug will be coming home!!) we are off to my parents' place in Dorset to collect our doggie, who has been having a lovely holiday of his own!

Planning to be with you next month tho'

Hopefully see you on Monday morn?

gx

·
Registered
274 Posts
GT Swindon way

I might try to make this one if someone could send me foolproof directions please :lol:

I will bring Archie and my foster boy Healey. Healey was a stray so we dont know too much about him.
I will try to post a pic of him if I can work out how to do it.

The vet thinks he's about 9 years old and a lab cross collie. He is the nicest old chap ever. He loves fuss and squeaks with delight if you tickle his tummy. He is great with other dogs, didnt bat an eyelid at 3 horses we saw the other day, completley ignored a pidgeon that almost landed on his head outside the vets (the pidgeons are building a nest above the door and one of them had flown down to retrieve a bit of twig that had blown off)

he is good overnight, can be left on his own when you go out and doesnt chew or fret. I dont know what he's like with children,I dont have any and we havn't seen any, but I imagine he would be just fine. He has a really lovely personality bless him.

In the photo my Archie is having to have a lie down, the photo session was all too much for him :lol:

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Oh June it'd be wonderful if you could make it, we could talk about Rupert's Car Boot!

I'll leave the directions to Sharon tomorrow.

I am off to a gundog 1-2-1 tomorrow morning with the red one, but unless something drastic happens then I can't see any reason why we can't make this one - my lesson is at 9.30am so I should be home by lunchtime-ish, plenty of time to head over to Swindon for 3pm.

C u all there!

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
Hoping I'll make it with a selection of The Gang. Might you be bringing some of your preserves to sell Nessa (please!!!)?

Becs and The Gang

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Becs, I wasn't gonna bring any, in case they are gross, and then none of you will ever be able to make eye contact with me again! At least if I sell them all to strangers then I don't have to put up with 10 years of "Oh... no thanks Ness... I'm not very hungry" everytime I offer some homemade foodstuffs at a GT :D

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Directions...
Official (from the local council) - "The village of Stanton Fitzwarren is sign-posted off the main A361 Swindon to Highworth road. The park entrance can be found 500 metres before the village, on the left-hand side"..

The postcode is SN6 7SD

Not to sure on me N/S/E/W way...
but if coming from M4 - come off at J15, onto A419 - follow the A419 - turn off at the HIGHWORTH / A361 ...
If coming from Cirencester way, get onto the A419, and again turn off at the HIGHWORTH / A361...
On the A361/Highworth Road (after Honda main entrance) - take a left (signposted Stanton Fitzwarren / Stanton Park Hotel) the road will bend to the right, just after the bend straightens there is a left turn (no signpost), but as you turn you will see the sign "Stanton Park"..

Hope that's clear... :lol: (will PM Lillylab my mobile)...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
oooh great bernie!! the more the merrier!!!! this is turning into a not so mini meet!!!!

c u later

love jan and stinkbomb xxxx

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Def. more the merrier... and tea & cake all sorted for those that would like it...

(It will just be me, and my friend Liz (from netball) with Dennis (black lab), and poss 1 or 2 of her 3 kids!)...

slightly amended directions...

Not to sure on me N/S/E/W way...
but if coming from M4 - come off at J15, onto A419 - follow the A419 - turn off at the HIGHWORTH / A361 ...
If coming from Cirencester way, get onto the A419, and again turn off at the HIGHWORTH / A361...
On the A361/Highworth Road (after Honda main entrance) (after going thru' 2 roundabouts) - take a left (signposted Stanton Fitzwarren / Stanton Park Hotel) the road will bend to the right, just after the bend straightens there is a left turn (no signpost), but as you turn you will see the sign "Stanton Park"..

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone for a great Afternoon... :D

Carly has had her dinner and is currently debating which spot will be suitable for her "afternoon/evening/im not moving till morning" nap ...
and to be honest, me too....
cheers
sharon

1 - 20 of 34 Posts