Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please give me some advice. I have got two labrador puppies - 15 weeks old. At the moment, they sleep in the kitchen at night and seem to be ok with it. What should I do when they get older and are properly house trained as I feel bad closing them up in the kitchen all the time and don't want to do it their whole lives?

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
I'd say it is up to you! Many people on here have dogs that sleep outdoor in their own purpose built kennels, many put dogs in a single room of the house as you do at present, some dogs enjoy curling up in their crate wherever that may be in the house, some have free rein to choose where to sleep and some sleep on their owners beds!!

Luna started in a crate, then moved to the bedroom floor/bed if she could get up! at about 6months and now can choose between bedroom, landing, hall and lounge.

You may find as they become house trained that even if you leave your kitchen door open they prefer to sleep in there because that's what has become normal for them.

I see from your other question that you have a babe on the way so it may be good to get pups used to sleeping somewhere where they will be less likely (!!!) to be disturbed by a crying baby!!!!???? If that is possible!!!

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
My previous lab slept in the kitchen her whole life, after she was house trained and reliable not to chew she had free run of the house and she choose to sleep in her bed in kitchen or the sofa and very occasionally we got the great big lump in our bed....lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts