Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted on here a week or so ago about her discoloured tooth and runny eye.
Well tomorrow we are off to Cwmbran as she needs surgery to flush her tear duct out as it is blocked, and this is why her eye keeps running.
Also the tooth has infected tissue inside it, so it is going to be root filled to save it.
She is nil by mouth from now on.
I hope all gos well tomorrow for her!

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
Will be thinking of you both, hope she's more comfortable this time tomorrow x

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ooh she didn't want to stay when I was leaving :(
Poor love, this vet she has gone to is part of my practice but over in Cwmbran. We hit it off over the phone, and she is a lovely lady, who is going to save the canine tooth, and clear the blocked tear duct, also has said that while she under she will clean her teeth.
She has chatted about raw dog food to me, I am considering this but she has swayed me even more to change over by explaining about toxins from dry manufactured dog food, and how they play a big part on the complaints the vet see's in clinic.
I think it is worth the try as my girls have long standing urinary issues and to have a de tox to a new food stuff that could potentially clear up these issues WOW.
I will update later on when I go and collect her as it is 25 miles away so it will be this afternoon late ish.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I picked her up just after 2pm, a bit groggy but fine.
Shes sleeping it off for now having enjoyed her tea, had a wee and a dump!
Altogether she had a canine tooth root filled, a molar extracted, a thorough clean around 2 occlusions sorted out. Also had her right tear duct cleaned through as it was blocked, this was hard to do I was told but in the end it ran clear shifting some pale sandy textured debris on its way through!
Lord knows where that came from!
We go back in a month to get the canine root dressing taken out and the permanent filling put in.
Thank god for insurance or I couldn't of had it done!
Fabulous vet :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts