Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
On Sunday Isaac was out with the dog walker, she called me after dropping him off to say that she thought he had been stung by a bee/wasp and that he had fined at the mouth and was rubbing his fable into the ground and generally scratching at his muzzle. I was home within about 10 mins and he seemed a little subdued and had an infrequent twitch of his head. Soon after I noticed a sticky substance in his legs and belly, so I bathed him. Today my son sent me this picture of his muzzle, which isn’t bothering him but wondered what is was? Any ideas... no swelling at all and right as rain in himself but I definitely think this is related to the incident in Sunday.
1619549238197.png

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
* foaming at the mouth and rubbing his face into the ground ( making his nose bleed with the scratching)

·
Administrator
21,309 Posts
Front legs, hind, or both? How old is he?

From the rubbing of muzzle I'd say it quite likely he was stung.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He is just coming up to his third birthday and the sticky substance was predominantly on his front legs. Could it be nettle stings?

·
Administrator
21,309 Posts
I doubt it, though it could make him froth at the mouth and that dribble down his legs. His age ant the position rules out what I was thinking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts